Shoutbox

Never thought I'd be posting here again... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Never thought I'd be posting here again... (/showthread.php?tid=41932)

Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Dr4g0n on 04-04-2005 at 06:11 PM

It seems i can't sign into MSN Messenger 7 while msgplus.exe is running. This has only occured recently, but the way i can't sign in is strange...

I click Sign in as normal and the "Signing In..." screen is shown, but this screen never goes away, I get no errors. But if i check on another computer I am shown as online. I can sign in just fine with Windows Messenger whether or not Plus! is running, but i can only use MSN Messenger when Plus is not running.

Any ideas?

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Choli on 04-04-2005 at 06:41 PM

are you using any plugins? try to disable them.

and make sure you aren't signed in in windows messenger while trying to connect with msn messenger :)

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Dr4g0n on 04-04-2005 at 06:46 PM

Tried without plugins (first thing i did :p) and i always sign out of windows messenger before trying to sign in with it.

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by M73A on 04-04-2005 at 06:50 PM

you using messenger plus 3.50? reinstalling it work?

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Dr4g0n on 04-04-2005 at 06:59 PM

I've tried reinstalling, no luck.

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by mandorallen on 04-04-2005 at 07:21 PM

And what version of Msn Messenger are you using now?

Have you installed any patch that could modify the msn messenger .exe file?

Did you do any changes in the software of your computer in the same days you started to see this problem?

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Stigmata on 04-04-2005 at 07:54 PM

this happened to me,

i signed in, it went to the signing-in screen..

then went back to the sign in screen

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Choli on 04-04-2005 at 08:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
this happened to me,

quite useful info :mipdodgy:
and what did you do to solve it?
RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by mwe99 on 04-04-2005 at 09:45 PM

Okay check with CTRL + ALT + Delete, several msmsgs.exe are NOT running, if more than one are, close them all off and reopen MSN.

Finally which MSN build are you running?

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Stigmata on 04-04-2005 at 09:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Choli
quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
this happened to me,

quite useful info :mipdodgy:
and what did you do to solve it?

nothing

after a while it allowed me back in

well what i did try:
method - result
reinstall - nothing
sign in with wrong password - wrong password alert
sign in with different account - allowed me to connected
then signed back in with other account - says server is temporarly disabled..

then after a while i was allowed the way
RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Dr4g0n on 04-05-2005 at 08:40 AM

I'm Beta Testing the latest. And i haven't patched it at all because I wanted to test it properly.
Only one copy of msmsgs.exe running :(

RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Stigmata on 04-05-2005 at 09:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Dr4g0n
I'm Beta Testing the latest. And i haven't patched it at all because I wanted to test it properly.
Only one copy of msmsgs.exe running :(

snap

just try entering the wrong password, or going on a different account
RE: Never thought I'd be posting here again... by Dr4g0n on 04-05-2005 at 11:54 AM

Tried. No luck, it won't even sign in without Plus running now, i'm stuck on Windows Messenger :'(