Shoutbox

Suggestion regarding custom sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Suggestion regarding custom sounds (/showthread.php?tid=41949)

Suggestion regarding custom sounds by Omikaru on 04-04-2005 at 11:27 PM

Yeah they're cool, good job on making them, and I know you can do this via the options but I think the "Automatically play sounds when ready" command should be at default turned off. Why? Because already some users have decided to play some rather offending sounds. Y'know like sex sounds, and messages that say "I AM GAY" etc. etc. and it really isn't funny. I'm just thinking in the future, new users are going to be install this and some guy who thinks he's such an original comedian will go about and annoy people like this, at least if they have the choice to accept the file they've learned their lesson and will be more cautious in the future. Hope this goes down well with you guys, and thanks for the cool extension! :D

RE: Suggestion regarding custom sounds by Lilo on 04-05-2005 at 06:34 PM

I have a "similar" suggestion, i think it would be nice to be able to select per contact whether or not you want to automatically play the sounds. Coz some people just annoy me with awfull sounds all the time, but i dont want to disable the sounds alltogether, coz i really like this function :cheesy:

RE: Suggestion regarding custom sounds by King For A Day on 04-05-2005 at 06:51 PM

i know i have people i dont realy like but have on my list cos they can be usfull but they wil just repitedly play them over and over till i block themm or delete them