Shoutbox

Plus! 3.50 install problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Plus! 3.50 install problem (/showthread.php?tid=41952)

Plus! 3.50 install problem by clayborne on 04-05-2005 at 12:50 AM

When i click the MsgPlus-350.exe, the Loading Setup window appears, but nothing else happens! It just stays there! I have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to remove it again. Is it a bug?

RE: Plus! 3.50 install problem by M73A on 04-05-2005 at 12:51 AM

mine installed fine. did you get it from www.msgplus.net? if not it may be corrupt....if you did get it from there im not sure...

what windows are you using?

RE: Plus! 3.50 install problem by clayborne on 04-05-2005 at 12:55 AM

Yes, I got it from www.msgplus.net. I have XP. Do i need to uninstall the old plus! first?

RE: Plus! 3.50 install problem by M73A on 04-05-2005 at 12:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by clayborne
Yes, I got it from www.msgplus.net. I have XP. Do i need to uninstall the old plus! first?

i wouldnt have thought so....ive installed over each plus since plus 2.4 or something around there...

when you got task manager does it say not responding or a high CPU usage next to the msgplus installer process?
RE: Plus! 3.50 install problem by Joa on 04-05-2005 at 12:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by clayborne
like may73alliance said above you shouldn't have to.

but sometimes this happens, i had a similar problem on my other computer and uninstalling solved it :-/

try this, uninstall everything - plus, and msn messenger.
than intall msn, and plus! again..

RE: Plus! 3.50 install problem by clayborne on 04-05-2005 at 01:02 AM

In the task manager the CPU usage is about 95-98!  So thats pretty high i guess.  It does'nt say not responding. Memoryusage is 3.736 kb, if that means anything. :o/

RE: Plus! 3.50 install problem by Patchou on 04-05-2005 at 01:13 AM

Could you email me at mplus@patchou.com ? I'd like to check that problem with you in order to fix it. In your email, please include the version of Windows you are using. Thanks.