Shoutbox

YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin (/showthread.php?tid=41959)

YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by Caboose on 04-05-2005 at 03:19 AM

YaGoohoo!gle is a search engine that allows you to search Google and Yahoo! at the same time, in the same window/tab. The site uses iframes to give each its own half, completely independant of each other.

This is my first time making a search plugin, and surprisingly, it was really easy to do (if you want a search plugin made for your site, I might be able to make it for you ;))

Put both files found in the zip into your Mozilla Firefox/searchplugins folder, then restart Firefox and choose "YaGoohoo!gle" in your search bar.

I've tested it and found no problems, but if you find a bug, or you just have a suggestion or comment, email me at gtcaboose(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or pm me.

Note: I am in no way associated with YaGoohoo!gle, Google or Yahoo!, obviously :dodgy:

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by (V)oribundenVampir on 04-05-2005 at 04:05 AM

Impressive.

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by -dt- on 04-05-2005 at 04:20 AM

why would you ever need to search both at once =/ and frames suck , good job at making it anyway tho I'm sure someone somewhere will use it.

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by -Bogan- on 04-05-2005 at 12:16 PM

I've got to say I would never use it as I never need to use yahoo and google at  the same time as I don't ever use yahoo. And as -dt- said some one some where will use it.

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by aNILEator on 04-05-2005 at 11:06 PM

i'm in love with my googlefo-X homepage so >_< merr

Google Fox - http://fukafly.anonymousjon.co.uk/googlefox/

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by Zephyr on 04-05-2005 at 11:21 PM

Good plugin. No bugs found in it, works perfectly.(Y)

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by M73A on 04-05-2005 at 11:23 PM

kool plugin(Y)

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly

woah:|:|:|:| kool fukafly!!!!
RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by Pipish on 04-06-2005 at 09:39 AM

:|
weird :| no need for this plugin anyway google owns yahoo

ill stick with google thanks

interesting plugin though

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by .Roy on 04-06-2005 at 10:31 AM

I dont think anyone wants to use 2 search engines at the same time. You usually find what u are looking for with the first one.

maybe make a plugin that u can switch ur search with one click. to a different search engine.

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by -dt- on 04-06-2005 at 10:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
I dont think anyone wants to use 2 search engines at the same time. You usually find what u are looking for with the first one.

maybe make a plugin that u can switch ur search with one click. to a different search engine.
err with two clicks you can change search engine engines in firefox , which this is what this plugin is for.
RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by saralk on 04-06-2005 at 10:55 AM

its kind of pointless since Yahoo! gets its results from Google anyway

RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by absorbation on 04-06-2005 at 12:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk

True, but this guy has but effort in, good work but should of thought a little more about the idea :D
RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by aNILEator on 04-06-2005 at 11:01 PM

I think its a very good idea, i used to use those search engines that search about 8 at once i think it was www.metacrawler.com :S

You guys like my Google Fox?

RE: RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by user2319 on 04-07-2005 at 05:34 PM

quote:

No it doesn't....

quote:
You guys like my Google Fox?
Nah, it's javascript :P Cool Mac OS like effect, though :)
RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by damc on 04-08-2005 at 05:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose
YaGoohoo!gle is a search engine that allows you to search Google and Yahoo! at the same time, in the same window/tab. The site uses iframes to give each its own half, completely independant of each other.

This is my first time making a search plugin, and surprisingly, it was really easy to do (if you want a search plugin made for your site, I might be able to make it for you ;))

Put both files found in the zip into your Mozilla Firefox/searchplugins folder, then restart Firefox and choose "YaGoohoo!gle" in your search bar.

I've tested it and found no problems, but if you find a bug, or you just have a suggestion or comment, email me at gtcaboose(AT)gmail(DOT)com, or pm me.

Note: I am in no way associated with YaGoohoo!gle, Google or Yahoo!, obviously :dodgy:

I have Mozilla Firefox, but i have'nt YaGoohoo!gle Mozilla Firefox:( because I HATE YaGoohoo!gle Mozilla Firefox!
RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by aNILEator on 04-08-2005 at 06:28 AM

^ this lad makes no sense, also his avatar isn't even spelt right

press any kee

what is a kee shouldn't it be key?

RE: RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by rav0 on 04-08-2005 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
:|
weird :| no need for this plugin anyway google owns yahoo

ill stick with google thanks

interesting plugin though

quote:

Google does not own Yahoo!, Yahoo! owns Yahoo!. For ages, Yahoo! search was "Powered by Google" ie; Yahoo! search would show results made by Google. Yahoo! has had its search results provided by many others over the years.

Yahoo! search is now provided by Yahoo! itself. Google has always provided its own search results.

Unless of course you meant 'Yahoo! pwns Google', in which case I would definitely agree. [Image: google.gif]

BTW, I don't think that the author of this plugin actually made YaGoohoogle, didn't he make a Firefox search plugin for it only?
RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by spokes on 04-08-2005 at 10:07 AM

quote:

you shud get google adsense search on there if u can, u'll make lots cos i use it as my homepage and i search in that bar, lol
RE: YaGoohoo!gle Firefox Search Plugin by Caboose on 04-10-2005 at 03:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
BTW, I don't think that the author of this plugin actually made YaGoohoogle, didn't he make a Firefox search plugin for it only?
quote:
Originally posted by Caboose in my first post
I made the plugin because I like the website :)