Shoutbox

Chat Logs... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Chat Logs... (/showthread.php?tid=41961)

Chat Logs... by slip_atreyu on 04-05-2005 at 03:45 AM

ok so i downloaded Plus 3.50 and my anti-virus software deleted it,so i thought i would just download plus!2 again except i cant find it...anywhere which didn't really bother me except i cant access any of my chat logs now so i have two questions...

1. does anyone know where i can download plus!2?

2.is there anyway i can decrypt my chat logs without downloading plus?

i also tried downloading a log viewer but it didn't work either.

RE: Chat Logs... by Caboose on 04-05-2005 at 03:48 AM

1. Your antivirus must have detected Plus! as a trojan when in fact this is not the case. Messenger Plus! contains an optional sponsor program that you can choose not to install during the installation

2. No, if you don't have Messenger Plus! there's no way you can decrypt the logs; it would be pointless to be encrypted if you could get at it that easily :P

RE: Chat Logs... by slip_atreyu on 04-05-2005 at 04:02 AM

damn, alright so the only thing i can do is download plus!3.50 ?

RE: Chat Logs... by Weyzza on 04-05-2005 at 04:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slip_atreyu
damn, alright so the only thing i can do is download plus!3.50 ?
Well, 3.50 has tons of great features :p

But, if you choose to use 2.xx, I can send it for you :)
RE: Chat Logs... by slip_atreyu on 04-05-2005 at 04:39 AM

oh really? could you do that please?

thanks so much

RE: Chat Logs... by Fraisie on 04-05-2005 at 04:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by slip_atreyu
oh really? could you do that please?

thanks so much

2.5 will not work properly with recent versions of Messenger.

Honestly, you should give 3.5 a try and make sure you just dont install the optional sponsor :) thats all there is to it :)

RE: Chat Logs... by slip_atreyu on 04-05-2005 at 05:18 AM

but i had 2.5 up until sat and it seemed to work fine

RE: Chat Logs... by Patchou on 04-05-2005 at 07:54 AM

Can I ask you what kind of anti-virus completely deleted Messenger Plus! from your system for no reason whatsoever? This is very strange. What I would suggest to you is to email the vendor of this antivirus and tell them to fix this problem, Messenger Plus! is anythign but a virus :).

RE: Chat Logs... by absorbation on 04-05-2005 at 12:52 PM

Some anti virus/ anti spyware programs in my opinion are lazy with finding real threats. Messenger plus contains an OPTIONAL sponsor (c2 media) which is harmless, however adware. Some antivirus / spyware programs, Microsoft anti spyware for example just believe messenger plus is the adware. Some display it as a Trojan when it is adware. The adware is not even from messenger plus itself but a different program contained in the messenger plus installation and antivirus programs usually call them Trojans and not adware, malware spyware. I believe anti viruses should be more accurate.

RE: Chat Logs... by mandorallen on 04-05-2005 at 03:08 PM

If the antivirus has deleted the Msg Plus! without asking about it, it's nearly sure he has the antivirus settings in automode, i can do the same with my antivirus and if my antivirus detects the msg plus! as a virus, it will be deleted without asking me, so, it will be better if he changes his antivirus settings before installing the msg plus! again

RE: Chat Logs... by .Roy on 04-05-2005 at 03:53 PM

just an offtopic quesition :

why do u use Msg Plus 2?

and im not sure if im right but doesnt system restore help you in anyway in this situation?