Shoutbox

Showing MSN list in alphabetical order - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Showing MSN list in alphabetical order (/showthread.php?tid=41987)

Showing MSN list in alphabetical order by zomax on 04-05-2005 at 03:08 PM

When you have renamed people they still are listed in order by their email (i think)
Could there be an option to list people according to their "friendly" name too ?

RE: Showing MSN list in alphabetical order by user27089 on 04-05-2005 at 03:10 PM

This isn't possible I'm afraid, because changing the custom contact names sets the names to 'Show as email address' and then gets the names to show as friendly names (hence the fact that the emotes aren't available in the IM window). They are still technically shown as emails, its just like a mask, so it wouldn't be possible I'm afraid...

Basically...

Friendly Name is changed to email

You put the custom names

there is a mask put on the emails so that you can still see any names that dont' have custom contact names on...

still is the email address. its just masked...

RE: Showing MSN list in alphabetical order by M73A on 04-05-2005 at 03:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zomax
When you have renamed people they still are listed in order by their email (i think)
Could there be an option to list people according to their "friendly" name too ?

oh yeah, i never noticed that....gd idea(Y)  maybe it could be included in the next release of msgplus?

EDIT....damn traxor too fast :dodgy:

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
This isn't possible I'm afraid, because changing the custom contact names sets the names to 'Show as email address' and then gets the names to show as friendly names (hence the fact that the emotes aren't available in the IM window). They are still technically shown as emails, its just like a mask, so it wouldn't be possible I'm afraid...

oh ok, didnt know that :tongue: would be cool if you could though...ohwell:(
RE: Showing MSN list in alphabetical order by Sunshine on 04-05-2005 at 03:11 PM

Impossible, unless MSN itself implements customnames and sorting on it (Plus! can't call upon something that isn't there).

RE: Showing MSN list in alphabetical order by Tourist on 04-05-2005 at 03:31 PM

I think Trillian only allows alphabetical order on contact list.