Shoutbox

Emoticons stop being animated - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Emoticons stop being animated (/showthread.php?tid=41999)

Emoticons stop being animated by user27089 on 04-05-2005 at 06:13 PM

Well, every now and then when using MSN 7.0.0429, my animated Emoticons (custom and default) stop working every now and then... I've searched the forum for anything remotely related to this and I can't get anything :s...

Does anybody have any ideas, or is it just a bug with the beta?

Restarting MSN fixes this btw...

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by absorbation on 04-05-2005 at 06:16 PM

Ye i think it's a bug it happens to me. Msn sounds sometimes stop as well. :P

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by Jhrono on 04-05-2005 at 06:32 PM

Like they appear but they don't move?
I think it's when you have lot of ram in use..

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by Exca on 04-05-2005 at 06:57 PM

increasing the pagefile may help....

About the sounds, it happens to me too, but that's only because I run a program called bpmstudio which disables all windows sounds... (people don't like to hear the sound of someone coming online during a livegig), so check if your soundscheme is set to 'no sounds', if it is, then that may be your problem.
RE: Emoticons stop being animated by Joa on 04-06-2005 at 09:21 AM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
I think it's when you have lot of ram in use..
quote:
Originally posted by exca
increasing the pagefile may help....
nah i highly doubt it. i say it's the beta's fault. i tried this on two of my computers and the same result with msn 7 (any version) the emoticons freeze up randomly. sometimes after a long while sometimes right away. not really related to anything.

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by Chestah on 04-06-2005 at 09:25 AM

It might be a "feature" to prevent your computing lagging due to a small pagefile ;)

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by user27089 on 04-06-2005 at 09:38 AM

The thing is, when using msn messenger, the PC doesn't go slow or anything, I don't have a crappy pc, the cpu usage and the RAM usage isn't high at all...

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by Exca on 04-06-2005 at 01:21 PM

I guess you better wait for the final release then. As the post of Joa explains, there are still lots of bugs in the beta version. You can't really blaim it because that's why it's called a beta... If you still experience this problem in the final release then you can state there is a problem, either with msn or with your pc.

Greetz

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by mwe99 on 04-06-2005 at 01:41 PM

Yep, mine don't animate either... MSN Messenger 7 should be released later this month :)

RE: Emoticons stop being animated by John Anderton on 04-06-2005 at 01:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by traxor
Well, every now and then when using MSN 7.0.0429, my animated Emoticons (custom and default) stop working every now and then... I've searched the forum for anything remotely related to this and I can't get anything ...

Does anybody have any ideas, or is it just a bug with the beta?

Restarting MSN fixes this btw...
Same thing happens to me :(
I have a hadwritting problem as welll..... i cant post it here so ill make a new thread.