Shoutbox

Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . (/showthread.php?tid=42000)

Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Fredzz on 04-05-2005 at 06:21 PM

Im getting insane with this!!! I have a Asus P2B ACPI 1012 , i440bx, AS97127F.. blabla..

Anyway, when i plug a network card it acts like its not there! There are no IRQ conflicts.

Everything works.. i tried to plug network cards in every PCI slot i have, and it doesnt work!

They're RealTek cards.. anyway, im trying this on a  P3, 500mhz , 360 MB   Windows XP.

Can anyone help me with this??? Ive googled and googled.. but nothing *cries*

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Anubis on 04-05-2005 at 06:44 PM

Are you sure the drivers are installed properly?

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Fredzz on 04-05-2005 at 07:13 PM

drivers of what? Ethernet cards? it doesnt even detect them so i can install drivers, and if i install them manually, its says Device cannot start,   ... maybe because it doesnt find it..

Or were you saying the drivers of the motherboard? because i cant find drivers for motherboard.. everything leads me back to bios stuff... do you know any links for drivers of motherboards? ive searched some places.. but didnt got anything.

Thanks in advance (Y)

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by RaceProUK on 04-05-2005 at 07:21 PM

Do you have any other cards that go in PCI slots? If so, do they work? If not, then it could be a problem with the PCI bus/slots themselves.

Also. check Windows has PCI drivers installed. SHould be under System in the Device Manager.

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Fredzz on 04-05-2005 at 07:39 PM

everything works, i tried to remove the sound card and put the ethernet on that pci slot and it didnt work, it didnt even detected and asked for drivers. nothing.. then i tried sound card in another pci slot, and worked great.. :S

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Shezi on 04-06-2005 at 07:08 AM

chk ur network cards on other machine... are they work on other pc..??

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Pyroteq on 04-06-2005 at 08:38 AM

Check your cards on another machine, Make sure its not them.
Check your cards manufactuers website for drivers.

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Fredzz on 04-06-2005 at 10:13 AM

yes they work on another machine!

I have the drivers for the cards, but in the computer, windows doesnt even detect them, so i can choose the drivers. And i also tried to add new hardware, and picked the driver of the card, but in device manager later, it says Device could not be started! :S:S:S:S

Whyy ? :'( i have like 4 days to solve this! or i had blown my 40euros :|

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Pyroteq on 04-06-2005 at 01:04 PM

Device couldnt be started.. Im thinking Power supply.

Is the power supply in your pc significatly small and is the pc you tested the cards in a larger psu? (power supply unit)

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Savior on 04-06-2005 at 01:21 PM

Is your OS PnP enabled?....are your PCI slots workin properly?

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by mwe99 on 04-06-2005 at 01:49 PM

Sounds a daft question but are they compatible with your PC?

And look on manufacturs website or take them out and put them back in to see if plug and play detects, oh and i'm guessing you have administrator rights on the XP acount?

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by RaceProUK on 04-06-2005 at 02:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
Device couldnt be started.. Im thinking Power supply.
Or just power in general.
Are any of the connectors on the cards damaged in any way?
RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by M73A on 04-06-2005 at 04:02 PM

lol. ermmm dust?

been people saying they're pc crashed when playing games because of dust....

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Fredzz on 04-06-2005 at 08:45 PM

actually.. i got a tip from someone that ethernet cards should be plugged on the last (bottom) pci slots.. after hours of trying, i got it to work, there is no problem with power supply. well dust there is a lot, but each ethernet card works on the last pci slot.. :dodgy: thanks everyone!

By ther way: I hate routers :dodgy:

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Jhrono on 04-06-2005 at 08:54 PM

Freddz my patriotic friend, don't be like that, i like routers, amof(as a matter of fact) i love mine, but it's kinda shitty when IT FUCKING FREEZES...lol...nah really, it's the best thing that happened related to internet in 2 years in my house lol:D

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by M73A on 04-06-2005 at 08:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz

i used to hate mine but then my uncle who does networking in colleges decided to help me with it:D, lol.....glad to hear you got it working (Y)
RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Pyroteq on 04-07-2005 at 05:41 AM

My ethernet cards arnt plugged into the bottom slot..

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Fredzz on 04-07-2005 at 06:56 AM

good for you! you dont need to lay down! :dodgy:

RE: RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by BEWARE^^ on 04-07-2005 at 07:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
My ethernet cards arnt plugged into the bottom slot..

mines are also not plugged into the last bottom slot i believe i put it in the 3th or 4th slot from the bottom
RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by Pyroteq on 04-07-2005 at 10:25 AM

Hehe, Well, Whatever works for you.

RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by RaceProUK on 04-07-2005 at 10:33 AM

quote:
You hate that which keeps the Internet running?
RE: RE: Pc doesnt detect none of my 3 network cards . by BEWARE^^ on 04-07-2005 at 10:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
quote:
You hate that which keeps the Internet running?

same is for the cable connection for the internet ;)