Shoutbox

do u play any instrument ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: do u play any instrument ? (/showthread.php?tid=42042)

do u play any instrument ? by violator999 on 04-06-2005 at 04:06 PM

if u do, say why did u choose that particular intrument and how did it all start and stuff.
i play guitar, been playing for 2 years.
i started off on electric, the reason i started playing is the music i listen to, and i was going crazy for those solos and those heavy metal riffs, so i bought my electric guitar ( squier stratocaster, it sux ) then got an epiphone G-310
anw, i quit playing electric now, and i'm into acoustic, and started listening to more "soft" music.
For me it's way of expressing myself, like when i feel angry or sad or anything, i grab my guitar and start jamming, just let it all out :D

RE: do u play any instrument ? by M73A on 04-06-2005 at 04:07 PM

ive got an electric guitar......had it for about 3 years, cant play it:tongue: lol, i know about 8 chords... just liked the look of it, lol

also got a keyboard...can play a few things, can only really play with one hand though...:(, ohwell....should sell that on eBay *-)

RE: do u play any instrument ? by absorbation on 04-06-2005 at 04:09 PM

I played the cello for two years :lol:

Then i gave up and i'm droping music :refuck:

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Plik on 04-06-2005 at 04:12 PM

Ive been playing guitar for four to five years. Started with a rubist acostic then got a cheap squire strat and was happy with that till it started naping lots of strings.
Now ive got a brilliant Epiphone les paul.
I normally try to learn a song if i like the sound of it because it increases all the tricks and things i know, but i normally end up jamming away to myself.

RE: do u play any instrument ? by gif83 on 04-06-2005 at 04:13 PM

play piano, violin. can't remember how it started.. was ages ago.

also play guitar (tho not taking lessons just teaching myself)

RE: do u play any instrument ? by M73A on 04-06-2005 at 04:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gif83

teaching yourself:| i tried that.....its HARD, hope you have better luck than me.....
RE: do u play any instrument ? by ProblemWv Authority on 04-06-2005 at 04:27 PM

I play the electric guitar. I got my first guitar two christmas' ago. It was an Eastcoast strat copy which came with some other shit like a practice amp. Kinda crappy but it done the job. I then saved up to get my new guitar an Ibanez S470 in electric blue. Its a fucking beutiful machine!:P.

I wanted to start playing the guitar because of the music I'm into. I love all the riffs and solo's and heavy stuff and the softer stuff aswell. Another reason was me and my mate were doing this band thing in music and we decided it would be really good if we could make a band and so we did lol.

I teach myself mostly at the moment. I used to have lessons in school but i didn't really like them and I wasn't learning anything from it. I was teaching myself at the same time and then I go to the lesson and I was ahead of myself and had to do crappy stuff with him lol. I've quite now because it was rubbish and now teach myself. I do this mostly by learning all the songs i like. If i here a song I like and think this would be great to play i usly go on mxtabs.net, print off the tabs and get started lol. I aso have some books of my favourite bands like Hoobastank and some normall teaching ones.

I'm in two bands at the moment lol. One is the orrigianal one (Instinkt). I play the guitar and am the lead singer (i sing aswel) and I'm in another were i just sing(Double Glazed Emotions).

This is amost of my stuff (part from the wireless and one guitar (the peavy exp). My old guitar isn't there as i left it at home as this is round my mates. The blue guitar is mine and the other is my mates.

[Image: attachment.php?pid=431182]

RE: do u play any instrument ? by violator999 on 04-06-2005 at 04:39 PM

CoOL ! (Y) i always wanted to get an ibanez !
Well i play all the songs i like, i use guitar pro and sometimes i get the tabs from websites.
I can't stop playing nothing else matters on my acoustic, and a couple of oasis and nirvana songs :D
everything i like, i just get the tabs and start working on it, except for  those hard overdrive solos :S

RE: RE: do u play any instrument ? by gif83 on 04-06-2005 at 04:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gif83

it a hell of a lot easier to learn if you have played violin since the beginning of time (give or take a few years).
RE: do u play any instrument ? by Pr0xY on 04-06-2005 at 04:44 PM

I play Percussion... My specialty is the drumset... :P

RE: do u play any instrument ? by toddy on 04-06-2005 at 05:11 PM

no i don't play an instument

(btw can i just say how much of an intresting thread this is :))

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Rik on 04-06-2005 at 05:26 PM

i just play instruments in music class:dodgy:

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Fraisie on 04-06-2005 at 05:36 PM

I play the piano, and I used to play the guitar and bass guitar.

RE: do u play any instrument ? by h2maniac on 04-06-2005 at 05:47 PM

Guitar

rock PWNZ

RE: do u play any instrument ? by s7a5 on 04-06-2005 at 06:07 PM

i play pretty much everything
well i started by playing guitar and was into metal/rock music. Now I mostly listen from rock classic bands like Pink Floyd, Led Zep, etc etc
Right now my style is more defiened as an electronic music (mostly psychedelic trance). I even produce some stuff from time to time (the link i have in my profile mostly contains some little ideas that havent been implemented in reality yet, but ye I have successfully made quite a dozen of complete tracks) :D

ohh ye about me playin any instrument, when u make music using computers and synths u can imitate any sound u can only imagine, that what me makes say that..

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Pinchichuv on 04-06-2005 at 06:10 PM

i play the guitar, for about like 5 years, i play all kind of music cause i have an acoustic and a electric an i also play piano

RE: do u play any instrument ? by .Roy on 04-06-2005 at 06:23 PM

answering the question

nope

RE: do u play any instrument ? by prashker on 04-06-2005 at 07:04 PM

I used to play in music class now were studing beethoveen

RE: do u play any instrument ? by meandor on 04-06-2005 at 08:19 PM

sometime a play on the guitar

RE: do u play any instrument ? by lizard.boy on 04-06-2005 at 08:28 PM

i guess you could say i played with a trumpet last semester for music class. i'm not really an arts person.

RE: do u play any instrument ? by toddy on 04-06-2005 at 08:32 PM

infact i lied, i've been known to play the air guitar when abit drunk :):P

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Savior on 04-06-2005 at 08:33 PM

I play the bazooka is that and instrument? ;)

RE: do u play any instrument ? by *Saint* on 04-06-2005 at 08:57 PM

a recorder (tenor/soprano) a keyboard piano also trumpet

RE: do u play any instrument ? by marissa on 04-06-2005 at 09:05 PM

hm, I can play the clarinet, from my old school's band, i can also play trombone for the same reason. By choice, i can play some acoustic guitar and bass guitar...not well, but i can at least make it sound nice. :grin:

edit: i can also play the recorder (H)...but who cant? :p

RE: do u play any instrument ? by t1a0s on 04-06-2005 at 09:11 PM

I've played guitar for about 4 years and drums for 3 years. I have a Gibson SG Supreme. Cant really remember why I started playing but i've always loved music :)

Soz about the pic i can't get it to rotate :S

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Zephyr on 04-06-2005 at 09:35 PM

I started playing the piano about 8 years ago and am still playing. Then, 4 years ago I started playing the trumpet. Im also teaching myself the guitar and bought an electric guitar about a year ago.
Also play recorder but stopped playing a few years ago.

RE: do u play any instrument ? by *Saint* on 04-06-2005 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marissa
edit: i can also play the recorder (H)...but who cant? :p

everyone i know except maybe 28-)
RE: do u play any instrument ? by aNILEator on 04-06-2005 at 10:56 PM

I'm with proxy, i play Drums and djembe i also have a didjeridoo

My drums are pictured below, Pearl Masters Kit with Hand Hammered Sabian cymbols :drool:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=431657]

RE: do u play any instrument ? by *Saint* on 04-06-2005 at 11:01 PM

since this is kind of the same subject does anyone know where i can download a thing like a keyboard that you play music on but on the computer i searched but i keep geting normal keyboards

RE: do u play any instrument ? by blackjack on 04-06-2005 at 11:20 PM

Drums here :banana: and learning Guitar ;)

RE: do u play any instrument ? by L. Coyote on 04-06-2005 at 11:27 PM

I used to play an organ. It still is in the living room, but I lost the cables for it. :P I always tried getting songs' melodies. My dog was a reason why I stopped playing. He hates it, howls while I play. :P

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Snake on 04-06-2005 at 11:32 PM

quote:
and, i quit playing electric now, and i'm into acoustic, and started listening to more "soft" music.

"soft" music?? whats that?? lol :lol:

* Snake is lisning to AD/DC and Black Sabbath [Image: headphones.gif]
RE: do u play any instrument ? by aNILEator on 04-07-2005 at 12:25 AM

anyone here going to The UK Download Festival (No its not a LAN Party)

I got my tickets :D Black Sabbath are playing with Ozzy singing (or mumbling whatever) :P

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Purity on 04-07-2005 at 12:25 AM

Guitar and drums...

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Panachiba on 04-07-2005 at 12:27 AM

i used to play all instruments :P :banana:

quote:
Originally posted by snake1131

* snake1131 is lisning to AD/DC and Black Sabbath [Image: headphones.gif]

:lol:
RE: do u play any instrument ? by Pipish on 04-07-2005 at 05:17 AM

I play the recorder :P i have to for school its so easy

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Purity on 04-07-2005 at 05:29 AM

I played a recorder in grade 3... :-/

RE: do u play any instrument ? by ShawnZ on 04-07-2005 at 07:18 AM

I played a recorder in grade 5 and 6, now ive moved on to a Clarinet :P

RE: do u play any instrument ? by jemma on 04-07-2005 at 08:43 AM

I play the saxaphone and the piano, both on grade 6, but I have stopped taking lessons since I started university.

RE: do u play any instrument ? by sevenforlife on 04-07-2005 at 11:52 AM

lol i play the trombone for our band at school (we all have to) and i play a little bit of the drums for the jazz band in our school as well..um.. oh i also play the violin teehee =)

RE: RE: do u play any instrument ? by violator999 on 04-07-2005 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by snake1131
quote:
and, i quit playing electric now, and i'm into acoustic, and started listening to more "soft" music.

* snake1131 is lisning to AD/DC and Black Sabbath [Image: headphones.gif]

is it that freaking funny ?
i meant by "soft" that i moved from like death, black, speed metal... into stuff like oasis, cranberries, maroon 5, hoobastank, RHCP, 3 doors down...
RE: do u play any instrument ? by user27089 on 04-07-2005 at 12:55 PM

I've been playing the guitar for 8 years... I have 5, I'll try and take pictures of all of them, at the moment, me and my mate john are setting up a 40 minute acoustic session for this gig, and we're recording a CD that will be sold to raise money for the music department possibly, or just for some extra cash to buy boomstands etc for future gigs ;)...

I'll upload some tracks :).

RE: do u play any instrument ? by s7a5 on 04-07-2005 at 07:26 PM

nice trax
if u need some help with mastering i can help ya :)

RE: do u play any instrument ? by aNILEator on 04-07-2005 at 08:49 PM

^^ who is that dude i've never seen him before yet post count is like Woah! ^^

I'm looking to form an internet band, me on drums, guitarist from random Country, bassist from a different country, possible Keyboardist from another country etc.

We all play a bit then record it then send it to the next band member to record their addition and so on

RE: do u play any instrument ? by s7a5 on 04-08-2005 at 04:18 AM

I assume u r talkin about me?!? ^o)

ohh and btw for all u guitar players check out this prog, its simply teh best on the market.
yes u got it right, just plug your guit into your sound card's line out and have fun
Note: Use your audio's card ASIO driver and about 20ms latency to get it sound real time (H)
http://www.nativeinstruments.de/index.php?guitarrig_us

RE: do u play any instrument ? by squall_leonhart69r on 04-09-2005 at 12:49 AM

i can play a lil bit of guitar and i used to play piano...

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Pyroteq on 04-09-2005 at 02:38 AM

I play the electric guitar.. Cort 6string electric.

[Image: Picture3.jpg]

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Pr0xY on 04-09-2005 at 05:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
[Image: attachment.php?pid=431657]
:pound:

very nice...

I'll have to get my kit all set up and take a pic. 

wait... I already have a pic... somewhere.... I'll find it and post it later, I'm too tired.  :p
RE: do u play any instrument ? by vacuumo on 04-10-2005 at 05:25 PM

I play the guitar. Gibson Led Paul, Heritage Cherry Sunburst. You only wish you had one.
http://www.gibson.com/products/gibson/lespaul/images/lp5+6+hsnh_lg.jpg

RE: do u play any instrument ? by Exca on 04-10-2005 at 05:57 PM

Piano! And my sister is doing professional violin and recording pop-music and stuff i think its very cool, unfortunally i had to quit the piano 2 years ago because of my studies, but I think to start over again in a couple of years