Shoutbox

Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 (/showthread.php?tid=42056)

Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by stylz on 04-06-2005 at 07:05 PM

As I mentioned earlier, April 7 is the scheduled release date for Msn Messenger 7.  For those that were questioning my source, and the information I reported, http://www.mess.be/ website is now reporting on their main page that sources indicate Msn Messenger 7 will be released over the  next 48 hours.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by prashker on 04-06-2005 at 07:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by stylz
As I mentioned earlier, April 7 is the scheduled release date for Msn Messenger 7.  For those that were questioning my source, and the information I reported, http://www.mess.be/ website is now reporting on their main page that sources indicate Msn Messenger 7 will be released over the  next 48 hours.

cool cant wait for it to come out. :):):):)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by x2zen on 04-06-2005 at 07:15 PM

Why is it that I think this is a hoax?

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by ~INVASION~ on 04-06-2005 at 07:15 PM

im gonna laugh when it doesnt come out in 48 hours.........and toddler u dont need to call him n00b

just cause you dont agree doesnt give you the right :/

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by prashker on 04-06-2005 at 07:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
Why is it that I think this is a hoax?
It could be it coudnt be but if it is i will wait with my MSN 7.0.732
RE: RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by BEWARE^^ on 04-06-2005 at 07:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ~INVASION~
im gonna laugh when it doesnt come out in 48 hours.........and toddler u dont need to call him n00b

just cause you dont agree doesnt give you the right :/

i agree and i also can't wait untill it comes out the new messenger 7.0
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by absorbation on 04-06-2005 at 07:22 PM

Msn 7.0.732 was given to only four people and it was leaked :O

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Bionic on 04-06-2005 at 07:31 PM

Creamhackered said, 'Yeah it's due tomorrow, spaces went out of beta today as well' :)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by ProblemWv Authority on 04-06-2005 at 07:32 PM

Im not sure about it coming out tomorrow (April 7th) but I'm convinsed that it will definately come out this week or next(Y)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Tasha on 04-06-2005 at 07:43 PM

i'll laugh if it doesn't come out tomorrow too.

Come on, they haven't even released another BETA yet.. :dodgy: I would think they'd do that before releasing it totally.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Bionic on 04-06-2005 at 07:47 PM

MSN Messenger 7 Final Due Tomorrow

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by vincerooney on 04-06-2005 at 07:48 PM

Ha mess.be said it was coming out in february and then early march...i really won't believe that website now

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by prashker on 04-06-2005 at 07:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vincerooney
Ha mess.be said it was coming out in february and then early march...i really won't believe that website now

Now that u say this i doubt its comming out tomrrow.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Exca on 04-06-2005 at 07:53 PM

I don't have a clue, but what I do know is that (I have the 0604 beta) the last 3 days I got signed out frequently (always at the evening.... at midnight it works again. It's like they are preparing the network for the release but I doubt it... maybe it's just another test...
It's not a network lag (you can check it: all systems running and stable) and it's certainly not my internet who's failing... ;)

(And currently i'm being kicked off again(N))

greetz

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by M73A on 04-06-2005 at 08:12 PM

if it does come out ill be surprised.....its just becoming a joke now.....:dodgy:

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Joa on 04-06-2005 at 08:17 PM

ugh.. it won't come out for sure.

but i still hope it does.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Savior on 04-06-2005 at 08:26 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed for tomorrow

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Millenium_edition on 04-06-2005 at 08:29 PM

it makes me laugh how that link to the forum topic still includes the session id of dwergs... that just proves the professionalism of this site :-/

other than that, i hope we'll still be allowed to use 6.2.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Savior on 04-06-2005 at 08:32 PM

Knowing microsoft they will probably and most likely block 6.2 and knowing them for reasons of security

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Shezi on 04-06-2005 at 08:34 PM

ahaa thnx stylz.. ur first thread make evry one called u lier..  but u ll prove to be the good guy if the msn messenger 7 will officially release tomorrow otherwise ur reputation again goes in -ve  :P

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Dane on 04-06-2005 at 08:57 PM

:@:@.  You dont need to make a new thread about this.  We got the picture the first time you provided your false, inadequate information.  As far as im concerned, even if what your saying is true, you didnt research and provide enough information the first time.  However, I strongly disagree with your reports that it is coming out with in 48 hours, and I strongly disagree with Mess.be's reports.

Anyway, before I flame anymore, I will stop myself and just say research before you report.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Jhrono on 04-06-2005 at 09:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shezi_ali

ahaa thnx stylz.. ur first thread make evry one called u lier..  but u ll prove to be the good guy if the msn messenger 7 will officially release tomorrow otherwise ur reputation again goes in -ve   
erm..i don't think it's a good matter to give a negative...but w/e...
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Shezi on 04-06-2005 at 09:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
quote:
Originally posted by shezi_ali

ahaa thnx stylz.. ur first thread make evry one called u lier..  but u ll prove to be the good guy if the msn messenger 7 will officially release tomorrow otherwise ur reputation again goes in -ve   
erm..i don't think it's a good matter to give a negative...but w/e...
as far as i think that he have only 3 post and have got reputation of 3 and two of then are -ve.. and it is just because of some of guys think here that he made rumors... thats y i told that he will get -ve if this news will be proved as rumor... well i ll reallly appreciate him and welcome here as a new member... as far as the new about msn 7 concerned .. it is also posted on www.mess.be and also on www.neowin.net so i can believe on his news.. but not 100% .....:)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by M73A on 04-06-2005 at 09:29 PM

mess.be is sayin its released......7.0.0777.... no beta tags anywhere...but the messenger.msn.com is still the same *-)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by spokes on 04-06-2005 at 09:35 PM

im downloading it now, ill tell you if it's it

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by prashker on 04-06-2005 at 09:38 PM

yes just downloaded it and its true its released.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Shezi on 04-06-2005 at 09:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
im downloading it now, ill tell you if it's it
if this is final release then gimme link.. if it is not illegal..:)
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by spokes on 04-06-2005 at 09:41 PM

does msgplus work with it?

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Shezi on 04-06-2005 at 09:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by spokes
does msgplus work with it?
might bemsgplus! works with it...
downloading  msn7 final..:)
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Tasha on 04-06-2005 at 09:48 PM

* Tasha sighs at the idiocy of some forums members

* Tasha agrees with Dane and says nothing else

* Tasha has researched

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by riahc4 on 04-06-2005 at 09:51 PM

Smacks everyone who claimed this is fake...

Its here and released TODAY not tommorow. Man that was sneaky :P

Lets just hope Plus! has no problems....

Any problems with Stuffplug-NG?

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by vincerooney on 04-06-2005 at 09:54 PM

Whats going on in here??? People are saying msn 7 has been released? Its not on the msn homepage so its not released...so whats going on *-)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Shezi on 04-06-2005 at 09:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by vincerooney
Whats going on in here??? People are saying msn 7 has been released? Its not on the msn homepage so its not released...so whats going on *-)
Its on www.mess.be
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by spokes on 04-06-2005 at 10:03 PM

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/5/3/3532...N_MESSENGER_DL.EXE

to all who disagree, i have it running, it works fine, and it has the messenger welcome screen!

[Image: msn700777.jpg]

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by BEWARE^^ on 04-06-2005 at 10:04 PM

well it has been released i can confirm it you can get it at http://www.mess.be/ and you can read it over there

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Sunshine on 04-06-2005 at 10:07 PM

Aslong as it's not on official downloadpages, i don't trust it one bit. To me it sounds like another leak (i seriously doubt mess.be got priviledge to distribute before it's even official).

I for one won't download MSN Messenger from anywhere else than official Microsoft downloadpages.

If it's really gonna be out tomorrow, look on official page again then and if it is, download from there. Only way to be sure it's not another illegally leaked version.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by spokes on 04-06-2005 at 10:10 PM

it might not be added onto the main download area because its not the 7th all over the world yet

RE: RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by BEWARE^^ on 04-06-2005 at 10:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Aslong as it's not on official downloadpages, i don't trust it one bit. To me it sounds like another leak (i seriously doubt mess.be got priviledge to distribute before it's even official).

I for one won't download MSN Messenger from anywhere else than official Microsoft downloadpages.

If it's really gonna be out tomorrow, look on official page again then and if it is, download from there. Only way to be sure it's not another illegally leaked version.

sunshine here is an official link of microsoft to download it

http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/5/3/3532...N_MESSENGER_DL.EXE

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Caboose on 04-06-2005 at 10:12 PM

I'm using it and everything works perfectly (Y)

There's no (BETA) tags either, so it's the final :D

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Dane on 04-06-2005 at 10:12 PM

Confirmed and Posted at my site.  Although me and a former member of these forums got into a feud about whether or not the release date is actually tommorow, I am pretty sure that this is the final version.  I will be publishing the latest news here if you wanna stay up to date, but again, we know not if it will be released officially tommorow.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Fourjays on 04-06-2005 at 10:14 PM

MSN 7 FINAL may be available, but it is not Official. Mess.be are wrong to say it is 'official' as it isn't 'official' until MSN have got it on their website, instead of the 'MSN 7 BETA'. Official means that it has been 'officially' announced by an 'official' source - the 'official' source being Microsoft. So really, it is an 'Unofficial MSN 7 FINAL'.

How on Earth Mess.be managed to retreive a download link for it from the download.microsoft site, when it will not come up under any searches for it, so it is no more than either:

a) someone has disobeyed company policy, and given an outsider a link to a download of it.

b) someone has hacked into the MS server, and got a link that shouldn't be out yet.

I won't download it from anywhere except the OFFICIAL MSN Messenger website, because even though the download on the dload.ms.com thing has all BETA tags removed, it may not be finally, finally finished - hence why it isn't on the main MSN website.

Have fun, and beware that MS can tell who has the leaked copies, and await your court orders in peace! :p j/k

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Sunshine on 04-06-2005 at 10:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
sunshine here is an official link of microsoft to download it
I checked link properties on mess.be myself.

Call me distrusting or w/e, but aslong as it aint on official downloadpages (where you normally get MSN Messenger) it is not released (link might aswell be a link ment for betatesters only). And therefor in my eyes illegal, unless mess.be provides proof they were granted the priviledge to distribute it before the official release.

Just my two cents..
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Caboose on 04-06-2005 at 10:18 PM

Why the hell would they remove the beta tags if it wasn't final? :S

Meh, I believe it's the final, and you can't change that! :P

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Tasha on 04-06-2005 at 10:20 PM

Sure guys, it may be the final, but until its on MSN.com with an official announcement then i'm not downloading it, and not believing it.

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Bionic on 04-06-2005 at 10:21 PM

Download: MSN Messenger 7 build 777 - Final

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Sunshine on 04-06-2005 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose

It may, or may not be the final (who says they don't test a version without betatags first :P ). Point i'm tryin to make is that it hasn't been officialy released yet, and therefor illegal (unless prooven the legal right to distribute before official release, wich i seriously doubt they have gotten permission for).
quote:
Originally posted by Tasha
Sure guys, it may be the final, but until its on MSN.com with an official announcement then i'm not downloading it, and not believing it.
Same here Tasha :)
RE: RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by BEWARE^^ on 04-06-2005 at 10:40 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Caboose

yea your right coz i dont think microsoft will wait any longer
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Purity on 04-07-2005 at 12:11 AM

I laugh at all you people that didn't believe stylz, I believed him the whole time.  And thank god it's finaly released.:o

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by albert on 04-07-2005 at 02:06 AM

cool :) gon have msn 7 before my bday :)

yey:o)

still sucks though I dont have my pc :'(

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Hank on 04-07-2005 at 02:27 AM

i stil ldownloaded it an see nothing real thats new,, maybe just bug fixes

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by inquiringmind on 04-07-2005 at 02:45 AM

if i install this (or the final version) will i lose my plugins and modifications from my current version??

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Hank on 04-07-2005 at 03:01 AM

no u wont

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Chop on 04-07-2005 at 03:33 AM

well i dont like the final, it still has many bugs and ugly things, like the contact card displaying to the right, the small space for writting a nick, the small and ugly icons and other things :P

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Hank on 04-07-2005 at 04:05 AM

go back to 6.2 but you'll be forced to download 7 for security reasons

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by jtstone1983 on 04-07-2005 at 04:10 AM

MSN Messenger for Windows 7.0 Final Build 777Publisher's Description:
MSN Messenger lets you see when your friends are online and exchange instant messages with them. Send instant messages with cool, new emoticons, call anywhere in the world from your computer, see when someone's typing, page a contact's mobile phone, send pictures and music to your friends, and much more. You can also use this free program to make phone calls, send a message to a pager, trade pictures and music with your friends, and much more.

MSN Messenger has the following other editions available: MSN Messenger for Mac OS X.

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/MSN_Messenge...indows/942840565/1

It is offical even though the link is not available at Microsoft's Download Site. If you download now, prepare for about 15 mins of waiting on a High Speed Connection.....

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Chop on 04-07-2005 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
go back to 6.2 but you'll be forced to download 7 for security reasons
Im using the public beta :P
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Hank on 04-07-2005 at 04:30 AM

aww okz.. not much difference with the public beta an final ,, both have stupid winks in it,,

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Purity on 04-07-2005 at 04:34 AM

When are we ever gonna have animated DP's ^o)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Chop on 04-07-2005 at 04:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Demz
aww okz.. not much difference with the public beta an final ,, both have stupid winks in it,,
well, the public beta doesnt show displays in the main, and have the emo at good size, i think it looks better the public one
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Hank on 04-07-2005 at 05:38 AM

ur prolly right but eventually u'll have to get final anywya

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by J.J on 04-07-2005 at 05:40 AM

So it seems like this guy is right after all eh :undecided:

*TD downloads

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Hank on 04-07-2005 at 05:48 AM

sure does ,,

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Pyroteq on 04-07-2005 at 05:52 AM

I got an email from your site about it dane :P

P.S I dont want to use that version seeing as my skin wont work (I love my skin) So someone whos using it tell me if its THAT much better than the beta (I see the display picture contact names..)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Pipish on 04-07-2005 at 06:07 AM

wow cool cant wait should be good :P although i already know what its like :P still cant wait

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by J.J on 04-07-2005 at 06:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Pipish
wow cool cant wait should be good :P although i already know what its like :P still cant wait

tbh Pip, it's nothing exciting - not much diff to 7.0.0732

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Pipish on 04-07-2005 at 06:23 AM

:P i know but ive been using windows messanger for some time due to a msn error and i am to lazy to download anything else so i just waiting for this to come out so yeah:P

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by J.J on 04-07-2005 at 06:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
but aslong as it aint on official downloadpages

quote:
Originally posted by Tasha

It is now guys :cheesy:

Check it out: http://messenger.msn.com
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by L. Coyote on 04-07-2005 at 06:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Third Dimension
So it seems like this guy is right after all eh :undecided:

*TD downloads
Smell that? *sniffs*

I smell pwnage. :P

jk
RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by J.J on 04-07-2005 at 07:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Test Zero
Is the latest version of Messenger Plus! compatible with MSN Messenger 7.0.0777?

Yes, perfectly fine :)

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by jtstone1983 on 04-07-2005 at 12:56 PM

Except for other Plugins...like polygamy, those you need to check with the publisher for....

RE: Msn Messenger 7 Release Date April 7 by Munty on 04-07-2005 at 03:29 PM

Wouldnt it be msn messenger 8?

Sorry if posted
* Munty sighs