Shoutbox

recording phone conv on PC? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: recording phone conv on PC? (/showthread.php?tid=42108)

recording phone conv on PC? by Savior on 04-07-2005 at 12:43 PM

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any software that can record phone coverstations onto your PC or any way I can do it? This is just for personal use.

Thanks
Savior

RE: recording phone conv on PC? by Jhrono on 04-07-2005 at 12:46 PM

I have no idea...Use the good old recorder!!:D

RE: recording phone conv on PC? by .Roy on 04-07-2005 at 01:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by johny
but that will only record ur voice and not theres.

It isnt possible imo because then u will need a phone that connects through the computer and i dont know if this exists.
RE: recording phone conv on PC? by Savior on 04-07-2005 at 01:20 PM

Ok thanks.  But how do people get phone conversations onto websites like those crank calls arn't there software like Advanced phone recorder?

RE: recording phone conv on PC? by Purity on 04-07-2005 at 02:00 PM

www.download.com

search for telephone there is quite a few programs lying around that do this from your computer....I think you have to have a cord from the phone to your computer though....or soemthing liek that

RE: recording phone conv on PC? by Savior on 04-07-2005 at 02:41 PM

Oh ok

RE: recording phone conv on PC? by Fredzz on 04-08-2005 at 12:18 PM

Not quite! You can make phone calls with your PC.. there are programs for that, you pay ofcourse, but if you make a call with some computer software, its easy to record,, any wav program might do that, as Nero Wav Editor!

There are also symbian mobile phones that allows you to install software..

I have installed in my Nokia N-Gage software for recording phone calls.. then you connect your phone over USB or Bluetooth to your pc and transfer the wav/mp3 sound file.. and bingo! there you go!

RE: recording phone conv on PC? by kao on 04-08-2005 at 01:25 PM

nokia's can do it with sound recorder on the phone, but then you need the cable or bluetooth stuff for the comp to get it there

RE: recording phone conv on PC? by M73A on 04-08-2005 at 01:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
quote:
Originally posted by johny
but that will only record ur voice and not theres.

It isnt possible imo because then u will need a phone that connects through the computer and i dont know if this exists.
it sort of does...i use something but its my microphone and speakers, not a phone handset sort of fing:P

use Skype to make the phone call.... lol, it does to contacts on the internet and to phone numbers through your computers microphone....i use it alot, i spose u cud record it on ur pc pretty easily then no?