Shoutbox

custom sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: custom sounds (/showthread.php?tid=42115)

custom sounds by Thrai on 04-07-2005 at 01:20 PM

i am new here, so dont flame me if this has already been asked.
is there any way to reach your custom sounds in messenger plus, from a folder, or at least w/out having to sign in to msn?

RE: custom sounds by user27089 on 04-07-2005 at 01:30 PM

I don't think there is any way of accessing them, its in a temporary folder somewhere in documents and settings, that's all I really know I'm afraid :s...

Perhaps somebody could make something like this just like CE.DP Stealer, it would be simple IMO...

RE: custom sounds by Lilo on 04-07-2005 at 02:11 PM

You can find them in this location (or something similar)
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds
They are .dat files there, but you can rename them to .mp3 for example
Edit1: remember to keep the original .dat files as well, so preferably copy them to another location first.
Edit2: however they are not stored by name or something, but by ID number.. So if you want to find a specific one, you either have to try them all, or sign in to messenger, and check what the ID number of the specific sound is.

quote:
Originally posted by jtstone1983
(see below)
Those .dat files...just open them using Windows Media Player. Seems to work ok for me :)
Oh, didnt know that, that would be even easier :happy:
RE: custom sounds by Thrai on 04-07-2005 at 02:14 PM

cool, thanx! :D

RE: custom sounds by jtstone1983 on 04-08-2005 at 01:58 AM

Those .dat files...just open them using Windows Media Player. Seems to work ok for me :)

RE: RE: custom sounds by Thrai on 04-08-2005 at 01:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Lilo
You can find them in this location (or something similar)
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Messenger Plus!\Custom Sounds
They are .dat files there, but you can rename them to .mp3 for example
Edit1: remember to keep the original .dat files as well, so preferably copy them to another location first.
Edit2: however they are not stored by name or something, but by ID number.. So if you want to find a specific one, you either have to try them all, or sign in to messenger, and check what the ID number of the specific sound is.

quote:
Originally posted by jtstone1983
(see below)
Oh, didnt know that, that would be even easier :happy:

how can i find the ID number of any specific sound then?
RE: custom sounds by Lilo on 04-08-2005 at 01:29 PM

Go to Add/Edit/Remove Sounds... > click on the sound you want > choose: Edit Sound... > see: Internal Sound Identifier: # number
And the '#' and the number after it, is the ID number you want to know :cheesy:

Edit: yw :happy:

RE: custom sounds by Thrai on 04-08-2005 at 01:31 PM

ah, never saw that before :S but thx again :D