Shoutbox

Realplayer- Now Playing Song - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Realplayer- Now Playing Song (/showthread.php?tid=42122)

Realplayer- Now Playing Song by stuartbennett on 04-07-2005 at 02:02 PM

currently messenger can show the now playing song of winamp and windows media players. but what about those of us who listen to music on real player can we have a plugin to enable our now playing songs to be shown in the personal message box too?

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by Munty on 04-07-2005 at 03:34 PM

I dont think winamp works :/

iTunes does tho.

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by RaceProUK on 04-07-2005 at 05:12 PM

Winamp does work with it, although you need a plugin for Winamp to make it work. Search Messenger Blog (can't recall URI atm).

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by user27089 on 04-07-2005 at 05:31 PM

http://msnblog.stuffplug.com/

you can find the one that works with winamp there...

I doubt that anybody will make one for RealPlayer for various reasons at the moment, maybe in a while...

The Majority of peopel use winamp, windows media player and iTunes sorry...

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by stuartbennett on 04-07-2005 at 07:02 PM

yeah i know what you mean. me personally i use either windows media player or real player. you see i use windows media player for playing back songs i listen to regularly so that i don't have to keep searching for them each time i just click on them from the recent songs list. realplayer is what i use when i have downloaded a song from the internet and want to play it to make sure i got the whole song successfully then the song is moved into my main music files folder. so having a real player plugin would be nice i understand it might not happen just yet but it would be nice if someone would atleast consider the idea

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by Andylongi on 06-10-2005 at 07:39 PM

Yes would be really nice if somebody could make it bc i use windows media player, winamp and also Real Player!

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by (CyBeRDuDe) on 06-10-2005 at 10:10 PM

<offtopic>Real Player stinks!... I don't see why anybody would ever want to use that kinda shit.. :S..
Sorry.. That's just my view..
</offtopic>
Well.. I don't know if there is much "programming" with RealPlayer, getting the song title, artist etc.. Haven't checked on it.. But I wouldn't count on it, since the Real player company seems like a bit to uptight about things... Everything is just THEIRS.. I think they have closed their player very much so it is very difficult to extract data from it.. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying that is how I suspect it to be... Someone might want to check up on this though?... Or correct me if i'm wrong?

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by Plik on 06-10-2005 at 10:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by (CyBeRDuDe)
Well.. I don't know if there is much "programming" with RealPlayer, getting the song title, artist etc.. Haven't checked on it.. But I wouldn't count on it, since the Real player company seems like a bit to uptight about things... Everything is just THEIRS.. I think they have closed their player very much so it is very difficult to extract data from it.. I'm not saying it is, I'm just saying that is how I suspect it to be... Someone might want to check up on this though?... Or correct me if i'm wrong?

AFAIK, you can use the window name for the artist and title. The title is like this:
RealPlayer: **Song title** - **Artist**
The hard part would be telling if the song was stopped because there is no indication in the window title.
RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by Metall [PT] on 06-13-2005 at 01:12 PM

there is one program called Music2Messenger that works with realone player, winamp and XMPlay:S... although its not a plugin (it has his own icon) it works like a charm.
another good thing it has is the ability for you to write watever you want in the music field :D

http://www.download.com/Music2Messenger/3000-2150_4-10392431.html

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by BlackStar on 10-08-2005 at 11:22 AM

Just tried Music2Messengerv1.1, with:

Windows XP SP2, english
MSN Messenger 7.5.0306
Messenger Plus! 3.61.145
XMPlay version: 3.2 (.0.7)

NOT WORKING!
Only string it puts up is the string called "Format"
The string is totally useless!

EDIT:

I am changing mind about this program since I saw the Help with another GFX driver.
I couldn't see it first since it displayed black text on black background.
The "Format" window just needed some input.
I wrote my text like this: I'm Listening To "{0}" With "{1}"
Now the program is working properly in Messenger.
I hope this is some help for others.  :D

RE: Realplayer- Now Playing Song by knx on 07-29-2006 at 11:44 PM

I need a program/plugin that works for Realplayer on Live Messenger!!!

Music2Messenger worked fine to 7's, but now I need something that works on 8's :P

Please!