Shoutbox

do u believe in miracles ? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: do u believe in miracles ? (/showthread.php?tid=42149)

do u believe in miracles ? by violator999 on 04-07-2005 at 06:41 PM

do u think god has anything to do with it or it's just luck or something or there's no such thing as miracles.
have u ever witnessed any ?

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Jhrono on 04-07-2005 at 06:43 PM

Oh noes here's another fighty thread...Oh well..

I believe .

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Rik on 04-07-2005 at 07:04 PM

i belive, does any one see one?

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by violator999 on 04-07-2005 at 07:06 PM

well, only on tv :S

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by .Roy on 04-07-2005 at 07:12 PM

i dont believe in luck. I pretend i believe. but i know its not logical.

btw when i saw this thread i was like singing the song

Do you believe in miracles?
You sexy thang?
You sexy thang?

:lol:

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Tasha on 04-07-2005 at 07:16 PM

Yes and no ;)

I believe in luck more than miracles. :p

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by haydos on 04-07-2005 at 07:25 PM

In a word...... No

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Shezi on 04-07-2005 at 07:50 PM

i believe in miracles.. because my whole life comprises on miracles...;)

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Millenium_edition on 04-07-2005 at 07:51 PM

no. except when you can explain them.

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by jemma on 04-07-2005 at 08:01 PM

I believe in miracales (you sexy thing). But the definition of miricale is ambiguous.

Dictionary.com says this: "An event that appears inexplicable by the laws of nature and so is held to be supernatural in origin or an act of God: “Miracles are spontaneous, they cannot be summoned, but come of themselves” (Katherine Anne Porter)."

I emphasise appears because it implies that to the person a micrale is being performed on, it seems inexplicable by the laws of nature.

So I think that, say that you think a miricale has occured, but it is actually just your friends working together to do something nice to you. But to the person who the "miracle" happened to, it seems so unbelievable.

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by *Saint* on 04-07-2005 at 08:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Millenium_edition
no. except when you can explain them.
if you can explain it its not a miracle its luck or something
RE: do u believe in miracles ? by -Bogan- on 04-08-2005 at 12:13 AM

Miracles can not be true things happen all the time and people say "It's a miracle" just not true things happen you can't explain but there not a miracle. It's just stuff that happens with no meaning behind it.

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by DJeX on 04-08-2005 at 12:29 AM

I belive God preforms all miracles.

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Purity on 04-08-2005 at 12:34 AM

No I don't believe in miracles......I just think some amazing things can happen...

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by albert on 04-08-2005 at 12:38 AM

Beliving in God with no reason is called Faith..
belive and you'll see.. :)

I do belive in miracles.. and im sure we all experienced a lot.. we just don't see what's the real miracles..:)

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by marissa on 04-08-2005 at 03:10 AM

no
"oh my god, it's a christmas miracle"

I dunno why i dont, probably because everything happens for a reason i think, maybe, i dunno, i just dont believe in miracles, so no, i guess i havent witnessed any

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Weyzza on 04-08-2005 at 03:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
No I don't believe in miracles......I just think some amazing things can happen...
..which usually are called miracles :p
RE: do u believe in miracles ? by violator999 on 04-08-2005 at 06:45 AM

well the thing here IMO is bound to ur faith i guess.
like if u believe in god, u believe he can do miracles and stuff, like all the stories we hear about the messengers, like jesus christ or the prophets.
and miracles can happen to anyone of us i guess, i've never seen a miracle except on tv, like i was watching that program on reality tv, a woman said that she started hearing voices at night and see nightmares about her gettting crushed by a truck, and one day she woke up at night and like felt someone grabbing her hand and leading her outside, then she heard that voice telling her that she "may" die tomorrow, anyways the next day, she was in a van and a friend of hers was driving, they reached a crossroad and she saw that truck from her dreams and got that strange feeling, while her friend wasn't paying attention and they would've been crushed by the truck if she hadn't intervened, anyway well, i don't believe everything i see on tv, but that story and several more i saw made be kinda believe...

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Joa on 04-08-2005 at 06:56 AM

i didn't read this thread so this may be repetative :P

but i believe in miracles... it depends on what you say a miracle is. for me it is something like life itself. we cannot really explain it's existance, even most advanced science can't "create it out of anything".. it can sustain it, but it does not have the ability to put life INTO something.

also... little things, like people changing their mind about stuff. like stoping to think and not doing something bad even if they could without getting caught. or wanting to help others without gaining anything.. :-/

for me personally those are miracles..

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Pyroteq on 04-08-2005 at 07:30 AM

i....dont

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by jemma on 04-08-2005 at 08:55 AM

people say "the miracle of birth", but that can be explained by science, yet its still called a miracle, so miracles are things that are so overwhelming, that it appears to be an act of god.

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Nissim_Israel on 04-08-2005 at 11:21 AM

i believe...my name Nissim mean in English miracles. :D

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Fredzz on 04-08-2005 at 11:26 AM

I do !

quote:
Originally posted by Nissim_Israel
i believe...my name Nissim mean in English miracles. :D

COOL :D
RE: do u believe in miracles ? by John Anderton on 04-08-2005 at 12:10 PM

Miracles .... yes i do .... ppl feel miracles r those which r seen in on tv like someone who couldnt walk was cured or something :S
But that aint it :D
I dunno how many of u have seen 'bruce almighty' but in that "god" (morgan freeman) sayz that ppl just sit and want me to do miracles .... if u want a miracle then get up and be one. A miracle is when a single mom working 2 jobs finds time to spend with her kids and attend their soccer matches .... this is an approx quote from the movie
I totally believe in miracles .... like the ones seen above and otherwise ..... so many times i have been in bad conditions and i have wished for things to change and as i start working for it .... it did come true ...
This most have happened to many of u .... u r about to do something and you feel that its useless as u can never do it / that thing wont happen then due to unforseen circumstances .... things change and u just happen to end up the way u wanted those things too ..... now for me thats a miracle :D
It has happened to me that me and my mom were in a temple 2 yrs back and she went in and i was standing outside .... after 15 mins we were supposed to meet at a place ... she wasnt there even 30 mins later and i was 15 and i couldnt speak the language of that region ... most ppl there cant speak english and very few can speak the native language ..... so i was in tension .... i just wished my mom would come and i saw her around the corner in a few mins :D (she wasnt there as she was still in line :D)

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by absorbation on 04-08-2005 at 01:10 PM

I do but i have never seen one :P

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by mad_onion on 04-08-2005 at 01:19 PM

well god doesnt exist so he doesnt have anything to do with it. there isnt such a thing as miracles. things sometmies happen that are unlikely but thats it. if someone can actually name a good miracle i would like to here it.

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by violator999 on 04-08-2005 at 02:45 PM

well mad_onion, i haven't seen any miracle, as i said only on tv. but i know people who have, u know i've already posted that this is kinda bound to ur faith in god, coz imo miracles are performed by god, but the main thing comes from you, if u really work hard for it, and have faith in god, then that miracle will happen.
anyways, u know muslims visit religious places ever year, in saudi arabia, in syria... last year my aunt went, and came back, and told us what she saw there, and what a lot of people see every year, crippled people, deaf, blind..etc not all of them, but some of them suddenly start walking, or talking or seeing...well that's a miracle ! and surely god has something to do with it, and if u say god doesn't exist, then who created the universe ? it's a subject we'd argue about for hours ! but like tell me, can u create a human being from nothing ? u can clone, u can join a sperm and an ovum, but can u create them ? anyways, of course i have my doubts, but when i think about it, all this, us, the universe oh well...and in the end, real faith is just believing, without seeing, without any proof, just believe !

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Naruto on 04-09-2005 at 06:35 PM

we don't have anything to compaire with a miracle but I do believe in miracles

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by mad_onion on 04-09-2005 at 09:17 PM

yeah i cant just believe. i need to see or have someone tell me with good reasoning that it is there. in your question as to who created the universe well i dont know. no one does thats why people back in the past a loooooong time ago invented god as an explanation. if you think about god isnt a very creative answer to that question. also if scientists were allowed to make things up without evidence they would be able to come up with a much better reason than "god did it" which is pathetic really. i mean we have already proven that parts of all the religious books arent true so why would the god bit (although that does depend on whether if you belief the bible is the word of god or not) basically i have trouble understanding that humans could actually think of something for which we have no evidence but still get it right the chance is so low.
but yeah it does all revovle on whether you believe in god or not. oh by the way people are payed all the tmie for those kinds of things to be healed to impress people IMO Jesus did it to i mean he had quite a bit of money he could have

RE: do u believe in miracles ? by Munty on 04-10-2005 at 12:20 AM

Yes, i do ;D