Shoutbox

File Transfer problem - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: File Transfer problem (/showthread.php?tid=42187)

File Transfer problem by mineshaftgap on 04-08-2005 at 03:49 AM

I don't know if this is an Messenger Plus problem or not, but I'm gonna put it here anyways. I got MSN 7 and redownloaded Plus 3 for it. Whenever someone trys to send me an audio or video files, it automatically cancels and says that the file is potentially unsafe. Anybody know how I can fix this? It would be a tremendous help. Thanks.

RE: File Transfer problem by matty on 04-08-2005 at 03:56 AM

Microsoft has disallowed most file types from being transfered because of viruses that have been circulating the community. If you really want to be able to recieve them, there is a fix on http://mess.be from wtbw that will allow the transfers to go through.

RE: File Transfer problem by Ezra on 04-08-2005 at 07:37 AM

That fix by wtbw didn't work for me and a friend of mine, after that I used A-Patch, but did not try if it worked yet.

RE: File Transfer problem by jemma on 04-08-2005 at 09:02 AM

you can always put the file in a .zip file, and then send it.

RE: File Transfer problem by Ezra on 04-08-2005 at 09:33 AM

But That doesn't work with Screenshot Sender, and I don't want to have to zip everything everytime I want to send a picture or something else

RE: File Transfer problem by Chestah on 04-08-2005 at 09:45 AM

SPNG will contain this feature in possibly the next release ;)

RE: File Transfer problem by mineshaftgap on 04-10-2005 at 11:24 PM

Thanks.

RE: File Transfer problem by Exca on 04-11-2005 at 05:58 PM

you can DDC trough mIRC or if your file isn't to large via email if you have no way out...

RE: File Transfer problem by M73A on 04-11-2005 at 06:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
That fix by wtbw didn't work for me and a friend of mine, after that I used A-Patch, but did not try if it worked yet.

on mess.be it says they've updated messpatch again for 7.0.777 because the file transfer fix didnt work properly. AFAIK it now works(Y)