Shoutbox

MSN doesn't let me send message! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: MSN doesn't let me send message! (/showthread.php?tid=42194)

MSN doesn't let me send message! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-08-2005 at 08:31 AM

Okay here is how it is. Ive got MSN 7.0777 the latest version and official version, Messenger Plus 3.5 the latest version and the latest Stuffplug NG.

I usually am just having a normal conversation... and then all of a sudden:

The following message could not be delivered to all recipients:
yeah lol

It doesnt let me send the message. This has happened with all the other betas i have used and it becomes extremely frustrating. I would have thought it would be fixed by the official.

If ANY1 can HELP in ANY kinda of way, this would be much appreciated! My frend has also encountered the same problem. And to fix it i close then open the conversation. im also on msn all day untill i go sleep. does this affect it? i dont know.

PLEEZ HELP NE1!!!

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Stigmata on 04-08-2005 at 08:44 AM

this also happened to me.

i disabled stuffplug and it seemed to work

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-08-2005 at 08:48 AM

okay i will try that, thanks for ur help Stigmata:)

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by spokes on 04-08-2005 at 08:59 AM

Enable Stuffplug again.
its coflict between messenger plus boost message and stuffplug boost message.

Disable the Plus! boost message in plus preferances, it fixes it, i had the prob all the time, i used to hav to draw wot i was typin

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-08-2005 at 09:04 AM

I've already and always have had Messenger Plus boost disabled. My frend also said he has encountered the same problem except only wen using msn 7. He does NOT have Stuffplug NG. But never the less thanx for ur help i will try wat u sed.

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by idoitz on 04-08-2005 at 11:57 AM

having the same problem here!! msgplus disrupt the connecting time too.. i uninstall msgplus then everything is okay..

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-08-2005 at 12:52 PM

but then well... so wat u reinstall it? cause if i do that... i lose stuffplug Messenger Plus and all my other add ons:(:( and disabling stuffplug doesnt do anything!!!! It still intervenes... REALLY annoying

CAN ANY1 HELP!!!! Can u the maker of msn plus even help!!?? im desperate!:(

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by M73A on 04-08-2005 at 12:57 PM

does the problem continue once you restart msn messenger completely (from systray aswell) ?

i no its annoyign but maybe its a temporary solution? i had this problem with Inkredist

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-08-2005 at 03:23 PM

yeah thx man, it is temporary, but i dont really wanna leave conversations and stuff. I disabled stuffplug immeadiately and it worked for a bit.. but then screwed up again. ITs gotta be Messenger Plus.... they need a solution. I luv that avartar thingy.

Well has any1 else got sum help? i dont realy wanna lose Messenger Plus and stuffplug. I cood go back to msn 6.2 it worked fine for that.

Any help at all is good:)

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by squall_leonhart69r on 04-08-2005 at 11:31 PM

happens to me all the time, i find it to just be a connection bandwidth issue

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by M73A on 04-08-2005 at 11:34 PM

what connections are you running?

im on 2mb and i dont have a this problem, u have dialup?

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Patchou on 04-08-2005 at 11:35 PM

Can you confirm me 100% that when Plus! is not installed, the problem goes away and never re-occurs? If so, can you check the cpu usage of msnmsgr.exe in your Task Manager and tell me if it jumps high sometimesfor no reason?

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Joa on 04-08-2005 at 11:37 PM

try the advice i gave here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42...d=433834#pid433834

it may be a problem with the handwriting

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-09-2005 at 04:22 AM

ive been running msn 7 without plus for about a few hours now... and there hasnt been any problem/ I hope this helps in fixing the bug or watever the problem is, ill tell u if anything goes wrong again.... cood i still run Messenger Plus and just live with it?

RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by limlingyang1989 on 04-09-2005 at 05:28 AM

hmm,when i have msg pls 3.5 with msn 7,when ever i open a convo window,the whole msn just closes,when i uninstalled msgplus , nothing was wrong....why??? now i am runing msn without plus

RE: RE: MSN DOESN'T LET ME SEND MESSAGE! by rav0 on 04-09-2005 at 06:08 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Timmy_gobbles
ive been running msn 7 without plus for about a few hours now... and there hasnt been any problem/ I hope this helps in fixing the bug or watever the problem is, ill tell u if anything goes wrong again.... cood i still run Messenger Plus and just live with it?

Yes, you can start using Messenger Plus! again and 'just live with it'. Patchou asked you to run without Plus! so he could clarify wether that was causing the problem or not.

quote:
Originally posted by limlingyang1989
when i open a convo with the msg plus , my msn will auto close and log off,why?

Your problem is unrelated to that of Timmy_gobbles.Make sure you are using the latest version of Messenger Plus! with a stable version of MSN or Windows Messenger. Create a new thread in Messenger Plus! Forums » Messenger Plus! Extension » Bug Reports, and be sure to include your operating system & version, your MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger version, Messenger Plus version, and versions of related software.
RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-09-2005 at 08:28 AM

Well the funny thing is, i've actually encountered the same problem where it just closes. Occasionally tho... but thats for a different forum.

But yes i ran msn 7 without plus for around 4-5 hours and i didn't encounter the problem. I've been using Messenger Plus and stuffplug for about an hour now and still have not encountered the problem. So i will keep informing. THanx for ur help:):)

RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by Opuz Klass on 04-09-2005 at 03:04 PM

Timmy_gobbles,

Are you applying any patch to your MSN 7? (i.e. A-Patch)

RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-10-2005 at 02:33 AM

Nah im not, and well the strange thing is it hasnt been doing it to me now for a while. I think it comes randomly and occasionally. Ever since i uninstalled plus then reinstalled it there has not been a problem. I don't understand this stuff.

RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by albert on 04-10-2005 at 02:37 AM

could it be because of your connection.. cuz from the second i read the thread i thought abot a firewall or somthing.. ppl tell e if imwrong but cant this be a possibility?

RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by brian on 04-10-2005 at 03:13 AM

Once I had this problem, it was some "handwriting plugin enabled", check your "plugins" menu for something similar, then disable it.

RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-10-2005 at 06:14 AM

Nah it's not the handwriting thing, i don't even have that apart from the one automatically in MSN7. It still hasn't stuffed up now for a while. Fingers crossed it has gone away. THNX for ur help:):)

RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by linx05 on 04-10-2005 at 09:02 AM

A couple of friends had this problem. They don't have Plus! installed (he reckons it is shit :@). I'm thinking it is a firewall problem. Because he has configured his to the max.

RE: MSN doesn't let me send message! by Timmy_gobbles on 04-10-2005 at 12:08 PM

So when you say firewall problem... what cood be the problem?