Shoutbox

My friend's msn - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: My friend's msn (/showthread.php?tid=42197)

My friend's msn by Exca on 04-08-2005 at 09:18 AM

Well, my friend is using msn 4.7 because any higher version won't do on his computer. I suggested him to download windows messenger but that won't work too... his errormessage is something like this:
vab service 80072fgh...     but he won't get it precise because he already deleted it. Why can't he run a higher version? he runs XP btw...

RE: My friend's msn by Pipish on 04-08-2005 at 09:23 AM

There is something really wrong there

1.if he has xp i am not sure of his comp speed or processor he should be able to use the latest msn

2. at the release of msn 6 i think msn said that all of the old versions of msn shall be unable to work in order to make people upgrade or something :|

sorry if my information is false thats just what ive heard

RE: My friend's msn by Joa on 04-08-2005 at 09:40 AM

quote:
Originally posted by exca
Well, my friend is using msn 4.7 because any higher version won't do on his computer. I suggested him to download windows messenger but that won't work too... his errormessage is something like this:
vab service 80072fgh...     but he won't get it precise because he already deleted it. Why can't he run a higher version? he runs XP btw...
he should already have windows messenger running on his system..

and did he try uninstalling msn, and than installing the new version from the official msn website? http://messenger.msn.com/download/

more details on the error would be very helpful.. ;)

EDIT:
this thread might help you with the downloading problem
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=41...d=425094#pid425094
RE: My friend's msn by Chestah on 04-08-2005 at 10:08 AM

Get him to try and reinstall Windows XP back over the top of his existing installation to see if this fixes any errors.  Has he experienced any other problems within windows?

RE: My friend's msn by Exca on 04-08-2005 at 10:29 AM

well I don't know, actually, what he's been doing with his computer but the only problem is that he can't transfer file's anymore... but i'll leave it up to him... :D

edit: well he doesn't have the xp cd anymore, but i'll suggest him. And he doesn't have other problems with his pc... that's the weird thing...

RE: My friend's msn by Stigmata on 04-08-2005 at 10:33 AM

tell him to use windows update insted of reinstalling...

RE: My friend's msn by Hank on 04-08-2005 at 10:35 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Chestah

Get him to try and reinstall Windows XP back over the top of his existing installation to see if this fixes any errors.  Has he experienced any other problems within windows?

never do that Chest, can corrupt a lot of files installing saomething over the top of a current installation , bad advie mate