Shoutbox

Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) (/showthread.php?tid=42208)

Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Fredzz on 04-08-2005 at 01:05 PM

G is for growth
Storage is an important part of email, but that doesn't mean you should have to worry about it. To celebrate our one-year birthday, we're giving everyone one more gigabyte. But why stop the party there? Our plan is to continue growing your storage beyond 2GBs by giving you more space as we are able. We know that email will only become more important in people's lives, and we want Gmail to keep up with our users and their needs. From Gmail, you can expect more.

I've got 100 Gmail invites.. if anyone wants a gmail account, pm me! with email ad

An alternative way is to go to www.gmail.com and drool about the fact of the message" 2071.109580 megabytes (and counting) of free storage so you'll never need to delete another message. and watch it counting! :rofl:

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by BEWARE^^ on 04-08-2005 at 01:07 PM

well i dont know why its growing coz i cant get my gmail full of loading shit :P

this is the other thread :  http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=41687

RE: RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing by Fredzz on 04-08-2005 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by A. Madsen
Is this where we should post the "Old news is so exciting"?

hm... 2gb is not old news! 1gb is.. :dodgy:
RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Shezi on 04-08-2005 at 01:08 PM

well i think every one have atleast 50 invitation on their gmail account....
well thnx for ur post to invite and grow gmail community..:)

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by M73A on 04-08-2005 at 01:29 PM

yep, old:tongue: pm with ur email for an invite if there is anyone out there!, lol....everyones got one by now :dodgy:

got bout 1000 invite hueva needs one..

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by wj on 04-08-2005 at 03:25 PM

It's not even a week and a half old.

Dont "WOW! Old news is so exciting!" for something a under a MONTH old.

I'll just keep deleteing it :-P

but keep in mind some people do not have gmail and this information may be useful to them

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Eljay on 04-08-2005 at 04:02 PM

2GB + 50 invites = 102 GB :)

wj double post :O naught admin :P

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Anubis on 04-08-2005 at 04:16 PM

I miss the days when I'd get an invite every few days and there'd actually be people who wanted them, or that would see you on Gmail and ask you what it is. The whole feeling when people approach you and ask you for your "msn addy" in school and being able to say it back to them it with @gmail.com on the end, and then them asking what Gmail was, that feeling is gone now :(. Seems sad now but back then it was a different time. Gmail was cool...
No matter how many invites I give away, next time I go back the counter always seems to go up to 50.

quote:
Originally posted by Lee Jeffery

2GB + 50 invites = 102 GB
= Against Gmail's TOS = A right trout slapping :refuck:
RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Fredzz on 04-08-2005 at 04:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by wj
It's not even a week and a half old.

Dont "WOW! Old news is so exciting!" for something a under a MONTH old.

I'll just keep deleteing it :-P

but keep in mind some people do not have gmail and this information may be useful to them
thats what i thought, i recieved a pm from someone! and thanks for the backup :P..

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Munty on 04-08-2005 at 10:30 PM

I also have quite a few invites and wont run out.

It will stop at 2075 as its just a timer :p

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Fredzz on 04-10-2005 at 10:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Munty
I also have quite a few invites and wont run out.

It will stop at 2075 as its just a timer :p

yeah right! can you  tell me how it is at 2077 if its a timer to 2075 ! wise guy..:dodgy:

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by aNILEator on 04-11-2005 at 09:52 AM

2100 is the latest number thing in the timer/countup

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by -Bogan- on 04-11-2005 at 10:46 AM

Anyone want some of my Gmail invites got 50 just PM me if you wnat one.

RE: RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by BEWARE^^ on 04-11-2005 at 11:20 AM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^
well i dont know why its growing coz i cant get my gmail full of loading shit :P

this is the other thread :  http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=41687

like i said before you cant get your gmail full of chit thats allmost impossible :refuck:

and btw there is a nother thread bout it so plz make no more threads about the gmail stuff

and everyone who hase gmail has allmost 50 invite to send out
RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Fredzz on 04-16-2005 at 11:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
2100 is the latest number thing in the timer/countup

one says its a time to 2075.. then it passes.. another wise guy.. well sir, its over 2100! why people say stuff like they know.. pff
RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by aNILEator on 04-17-2005 at 12:36 AM

Well i was only copying what is in the source of the Page, don't get all angry on me or the other members, we just looked at the source file for the website.

The current number in the javascript is 2125

And the part of the source that determines this.

var CP = [
[ 1112439600000, 2050 ],
[ 1114308000000, 2125 ]
];

They keep updating the numbers in here Fredzz to change the count-up, no one really knows when it will end we just use the source to keep updating ourselves.

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by YottabyteWizard on 04-17-2005 at 03:34 AM

OMFG, has no end!!!!!! :|

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by uberdosis on 04-17-2005 at 09:10 AM

Get over it, it's not like you would realy send/recieve above 1gb of data anyway.

RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Fredzz on 04-17-2005 at 12:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
Well i was only copying what is in the source of the Page, don't get all angry on me or the other members, we just looked at the source file for the website.

The current number in the javascript is 2125

And the part of the source that determines this.

var CP = [
[ 1112439600000, 2050 ],
[ 1114308000000, 2125 ]
];

They keep updating the numbers in here Fredzz to change the count-up, no one really knows when it will end we just use the source to keep updating ourselves.

ahah, i understand :P..

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis
Get over it, it's not like you would realy send/recieve above 1gb of data anyway.
well i agree with you :dodgy: i think its too much!
RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by Rik on 04-17-2005 at 12:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fredzz
well i agree with you :dodgy: i think its too much!
it's not to much...if it's free :D
RE: RE: Gmail storage over 2Gb and growing (invites too) by gif83 on 04-17-2005 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by uberdosis

some people don't just use it for emails... they use it as a place to archive files... of any size