Shoutbox

The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life (/showthread.php?tid=42214)

The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by TheMusicPirate on 04-08-2005 at 02:49 PM

The Matrix: Coming Soon In Real Life?
    The patent for a device to transmit sensory data directly to the brain has been granted to Sony. It says the technique would be entirely non-invasive and would fire pulses of ultrasound at targeted parts of the brain creating "sensory experiences".     
    The experiences would range from tastes to sounds and could also be used to give deaf and blind people the chance to hear and see, the patent says. A current technique uses rapidly moving magnetic fields to make currents in brain tissue.     
    The technique, known as transcranial magnetic stimulation, cannot be finely focused where ultrasound could. If this new method does work it could have all kinds of uses even if it not able to perform the entertainment purposes envisaged by Sony.

SOURSE: http://www.shortnews.com

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by BigTrev on 04-08-2005 at 03:00 PM

Sounds good i would want proof it dont mess up with my brain tho

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by aNILEator on 04-08-2005 at 03:04 PM

Scientists have just created a bionic eye for blind people to see again, i thought this was about Braingate.

Saw it on Neowin i think bringing computers to disabled people, I have a video of this dude plugged in to it and controlling his PC, and TV

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by Concord Dawn on 04-08-2005 at 03:04 PM

Please don't start new threads, please see this thread.

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by .Roy on 04-08-2005 at 03:35 PM

Everytime i see these threads im like. WTF thats not possible. But then i read on and it seems like that they can actually make it. These things could probobly be used also as torture devices. I wonder if someone dies in the visualization do they die in real life?

All this seems so fantasy like. It seems like iRobot..

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by user27089 on 04-08-2005 at 03:59 PM

I have seen several things like this on the televizzle, its a great breakthrough and I'm glad that disabled people are having a chance to hear/see etc...

I have also seen this robotic thing that people have connected to them and they have brain pulses and they walk :|... a bit bulky though :-/.

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by Anubis on 04-08-2005 at 04:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
I wonder if someone dies in the visualization do they die in real life?
If the sensorary impulse was strong enough, then it could cause a heart attack. In theory, yes.

quote:
These things could probobly be used also as torture devices
Only if they fall into the wrong hands. This technology will probably stay as secret as possible until they have a way to limit the impulses you receive by a device in your brain.
RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by .Roy on 04-08-2005 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
I wonder if someone dies in the visualization do they die in real life?
If the sensorary impulse was strong enough, then it could cause a heart attack. In theory, yes.

quote:
These things could probobly be used also as torture devices
Only if they fall into the wrong hands. This technology will probably stay as secret as possible until they have a way to limit the impulses you receive by a device in your brain.

i actually ment torture as people giving u bad visualations. Like that u are falling off a cliff and things like that.

I dont think these things should be made -_-
RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by Fredzz on 04-08-2005 at 08:03 PM

quote:

I dont think these things should be made -_-
they should! imagine the adrenaline!! whoo whooo

----
yeah read my post (H)

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by Purity on 04-08-2005 at 11:10 PM

Dude! You keep posting all the stuff I was just gonna post off of shortnews:P I've been using hte stie for a month now...:(

That's weird I was JUST gonna post it....:P

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by squall_leonhart69r on 04-09-2005 at 12:52 AM

lmho, its already possible

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by ~INVASION~ on 04-09-2005 at 02:06 AM

well that sounds awesome but i bet it would have negative effects, just watch someone will protest and it will be hard for it to succeed, just like cloning it should have been legalised to start for medical purposes but too many ppl protest against it, like bible thumpers, theyll say its not the way god intended for humans to be oor some crap like that.

RE: The Matrix Coming Soon To Real Life by Naruto on 04-09-2005 at 06:30 PM

that sounds so cool I wish I could expirience it!