Shoutbox

now playing - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: now playing (/showthread.php?tid=42248)

now playing by Gilius_Caesar on 04-08-2005 at 07:47 PM

I've downloaded the new msn 7 today on my first pc. the now playing thing works fine with winamp.
Now I'm trying to get it working on my 2nd pc, but it doesn't. Even with windows media player, the now playing message doesn't work. I've reistalled msn & plus!, unchecked and checked the plugin in WMP, removed all my plus! plugins, but still no result...

Can someone help me?

EDIT: tried with and without the a-patch to... no result...

RE: now playing by Anubis on 04-08-2005 at 07:56 PM

Is it that you can not see it if you are on your own contact list, or other people can't see it? If you have yourself on your contact list, afaik, you don't see it.

RE: now playing by Zephyr on 04-08-2005 at 07:59 PM

Check that the MSN music plugin is checked. For windows media player its, tools, plugins and check MSN music plugin. If it's already checked, uncheck and recheck. Should make it work.

RE: RE: now playing by Gilius_Caesar on 04-08-2005 at 08:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
Is it that you can not see it if you are on your own contact list, or other people can't see it? If you have yourself on your contact list, afaik, you don't see it.

I can't see it...
It's just like wmp/winamp isn't working, or it isn't checked on in MSN...  I get the < typ een persoonlijk bericht > (it's in dutch, dunno what's the english version says) thing...

I've tried the check/uncheck thing in WMP... didn't work...
RE: now playing by benjyrama on 04-08-2005 at 08:46 PM

I have the same problem... are you meant to be able to see it yourself in the little personal message box at the top???

RE: now playing by Gilius_Caesar on 04-08-2005 at 09:05 PM

yes... normaly you should see your songname come up right away...

Anyway... I tried a couple of things...
uninstalled EVERYTHING: plus, msn, wmp plugin, and removed settings from the program files folder...
Then installed msn 7 alone, nothing more... and it still doesn't work...

I'm gonna re-install wmp now, see what that's gonna give...
EDIT: still nothing...