Shoutbox

Messenger Plus! 3 sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds (/showthread.php?tid=42252)

Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-08-2005 at 08:32 PM

Can someone please help?! I have just donwloaded Messenger Plus! 3 because some friends recommended it especially the new sounds that can be downloaded. However when I tried to download some of my own I got this error message : "An error occured while contacting the server, please try later. If the problem persists, check your security settings." Now I have had this message everytime I try. I am unsure what security settings I should be setting and changing. I have Norton Internet Security 2005. Please can someone help. Thanks. (Y)

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by Joa on 04-08-2005 at 08:35 PM

it may be a problem experienced with the server:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=42...d=433846#pid433846

you can check the status here:
http://sounds.msgplus.net/

Edit: try it again later :) everything should work fine once the problem with the server is fixed. if it does not, please post again :)

RE: RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by Leif on 04-08-2005 at 08:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by x-x_MIFFY_x-x
thankyou, but I now don't think its a problem with the server as a friend is trying to send them through a conversation and they just aren't downloading. Sorry I sound really thick, Im just not very computer literate.

The sounds are relayed via the server when you send them through a conversation. So it's no doubt a problem with the server. So, as it says, try again later ... (Later could mean 'tomorrow' or even 'the day after tomorrow'. But it will soon be OK again! Have faith (and patience)!
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by wj on 04-08-2005 at 09:15 PM

Servers are running fine now. Are you running any sort of Firewall (Zone Alarm, Norton Internet Secuirty, McAfee Personal Firewall)?

Can you ping sounds.msgplus.net?

quote:
Ping Instructions:

Goto the Start menu
Select "Run..."
Type "cmd.exe" without the quotes
You should now have a black window with some text similar to:
code:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

Z:\>

type in "ping sounds.msgplus.net"

if this works please check for a firewall, if it returns a message similar to:
Request timed out.
or
Destination Host unreachable.

It is most likly a problem with your firewall or ISP.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-09-2005 at 10:08 AM

ok well i tried waiting until today no luck. I tried the black box thing it started recieving "ISP?!?!?" but then the box just closed automatically! I really am at a loss!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by Fredzz on 04-09-2005 at 02:25 PM

You could try to turn off your firewall for 2 minutes and try to download a new sound!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-10-2005 at 01:22 PM

Turning off the firewall did not help either! this is driving me mad!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by Cheetah on 04-10-2005 at 03:44 PM

Is there no site where the sounds can be download because i had a sound, but i had to re-install my MsgPlus, and now i'm looking for about an hour and i still haven't found it :@

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by .Roy on 04-10-2005 at 03:49 PM

go to http://www.MPSounds.net

:) many soundpacks.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-10-2005 at 06:57 PM

right ok i downloaded a sound pack off that site, but wen tryin 2 send them 2 friends it didnt work! :-( i really am getting peed off!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by .Roy on 04-10-2005 at 06:58 PM

what do u mean it didnt work?
You just go to the sounds you have and then u can click on the sound that you want to send..

also go to
http://www.soundpacks.tk
more info

go to the what are they section.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by Tasha on 04-10-2005 at 07:03 PM

This must be a problem at your end, coz sounds are working fine here. A little laggy, but fine.

Have you tried reinstalling Messenger Plus!?

Oh and Hobbes, she/he knows what sounds are.. :rolleyes: The sounds aren't working for her/him, she/he is getting an error.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-10-2005 at 07:03 PM

it just dint work, it said the person has to have the latest version of msg plus! to work. and i know she has!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by .Roy on 04-10-2005 at 07:04 PM

quote:
it just dint work, it said the person has to have the latest version of msg plus! to work. and i know she has!

tell her to download msg plus 3.50 by clicking here:
http://download.msgplus.net/files/MsgPlus-350.exe

and btw, if it says she doesnt have the latest version.  She doesnt.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-10-2005 at 07:09 PM

ok well fair enough but how comes she can download all the stuff and send it to everyone else fine and i cant?!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by Tasha on 04-10-2005 at 07:10 PM

quote:
ok well fair enough but how comes she can download all the stuff and send it to everyone else fine and i cant?!

Have you tried re-installing Messenger Plus?

Delete plus and all of its components, then download it again from:

http://www.msgplus.net/download.php
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by .Roy on 04-10-2005 at 07:11 PM

quote:
ok if she can send it means she has version 3.50 then it shouldnt display that message. I really dont know how to solve this bug.  Sorry for wasting ur time :(
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-10-2005 at 07:18 PM

thankyou anyways! Yeap just tried re-installing msg plus! but still not workin! it says "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later. If the problem persists check security settings." I dunno wot ones to check though

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by Tasha on 04-10-2005 at 07:21 PM

quote:
thankyou anyways! Yeap just tried re-installing msg plus! but still not workin! it says "There was a problem connecting to the server. Please try again later. If the problem persists check security settings." I dunno wot ones to check though

I am getting the same error, so it is a problem with the server at this current time. :) Try again later, hopefully it will work. If it doesn't, I can't really advise you which security or other settings to check.
RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-10-2005 at 07:24 PM

ok thanks everyone! Im at a loss if it doesnt work later!

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by jren207 on 04-10-2005 at 07:55 PM

I dunno if this might work...

Open the "Internet Options" from the control panel or through Internet Explorer ("Tools" -> "Internet Options...")

Then click on the security tab and click on an icon (such as "Internet", "local Intranet" etc.) and click the "Default Level" button.

RE: Messenger Plus! 3 sounds by x-x_MIFFY_x-x on 04-11-2005 at 10:31 AM

nope that didnt work either

Oh for goodness sakes!