Shoutbox

"Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" (/showthread.php?tid=42286)

"Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by alegator on 04-09-2005 at 08:05 AM

This feature shows below one's name in the main contact list window. Can someone explain to me what this feature is for and how it works? Thanks.

RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by Tochjo on 04-09-2005 at 08:08 AM

In MSN Messenger 7 a newly introduced functionality is the Personal Message. It will show up after your name in the contact list and can contain a text message or show information about which song is currently playing in Windows Media Player.

If you enter such a message all of your contacts can see it next to your name in the contact list. Add yourself to your contact list and type something to see the result next to your own name ;)

RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by .Roy on 04-09-2005 at 08:08 AM

or u can add me royblatt@gmail.com :P

i have one :D

RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by alegator on 04-09-2005 at 08:28 AM

I tested it. I like the song feature. Regarding the Personal Message I don't see what's new about it, you can also do it by going to Personal Settings and modifying your name to add something after your name, can't you?

RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by Anubis on 04-09-2005 at 08:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by alegator
you can also do it by going to Personal Settings and modifying your name to add something after your name, can't you?
And get almost the same result yes, however there are a few differences;

If you display your contacts with large thumbnails, the message is under their name.

The personal message is in italics so that you know it is an extra message.

It can automatically update to what song you are playing.

It is not stored as part of your display name on chat logs.
RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by Weyzza on 04-09-2005 at 08:40 AM

A lil bit off topic, but anyways... :p

I was wondering if Patchou could add a feature to eliminate contacts' personal messages :p

RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by Anubis on 04-09-2005 at 10:49 AM

quote:
Originally posted by thekid
I was wondering if Patchou could add a feature to eliminate contacts' personal messages
What would be the use in that?
RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by .Roy on 04-09-2005 at 10:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
I was wondering if Patchou could add a feature to eliminate contacts' personal messages
Whats the use of renaming contacts?
The same thing.
Its to change the names for the better of your viewing :P
RE: "Click here to type a personal message to your contacts" by Eljay on 04-09-2005 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
quote:
Originally posted by Anubis
quote:
Whats the use of renaming contacts?
The same thing.
Its to change the names for the better of your viewing :P

i like this idea

maybe something like "attach original name" but where the psm is the original name (Y)