Shoutbox

Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login (/showthread.php?tid=42294)

Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login by Fredzz on 04-09-2005 at 11:32 AM

For the very first time i installed Msn 7 final, whenever I tried to login, it would login, but after 5 seconds, MSN would freeze! Goin around the discussion center of Microsoft, I noticed I was not the only one!

One solution would be for those who are on a WAN, with Linksys Routers, you must enter on the setup screen of your router (see manual), and disable something called "Block WAN Request" or "SPI Mode" .

Other solution (that worked for me), is to go to My Documents and rename "My Recieved files" , "My Chat logs"  to something else. And then run Msn 7.
Looks like Msn 7 has some kind of problem when trying to update the way that chat logs are stored.

This last solution worked for me. After unninstalling Msn 7 to install in the english version, it kept on freezing again! So I'm back to Beta version.

I hope Microsoft will fix it soon!

RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login by FrozernFire on 04-09-2005 at 02:15 PM

bah, i have the same problem too. patch tuesday is coming, hope they will patch this up

RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login by Fredzz on 04-09-2005 at 02:20 PM

Let's hope my friend.. lets hope! While all this people is having fun! we have to stick with 6.2 :dodgy:

RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login by Fredzz on 04-22-2005 at 02:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FrozernFire
bah, i have the same problem too. patch tuesday is coming, hope they will patch this up
did the patch come? ^o)
wich tuesday are you talking abou?christmas tuesday?
RE: Msn 7 final FREEZES 5secs after login by Sunshine on 04-22-2005 at 02:14 PM

Fredzz, do a windowsupdate. You'll see ;)