Shoutbox

Filetransfer in 7.0 - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Filetransfer in 7.0 (/showthread.php?tid=42299)

Filetransfer in 7.0 by Exca on 04-09-2005 at 01:32 PM

I hate to see that the filetransfer still isn't upgraded yet. For me it's a very important point, the process shouldn't be viewed in the conversation itself, but between the picture of your contact and your own, so you don't have to scroll up everytime to see the process, and being sent down the bottom everytime your contact says something... I know there are some plugins to improve this but they always use other windows etc, not very helpful... I rather see this from msn itself, in the conversationwindow between the pictures so it's still a easy lay-out... or is there a patch who does it that way?

Greetz

RE: Filetransfer in 7.0 by Zephyr on 04-09-2005 at 01:34 PM

Don't think there's a patch which does this, but I think its a very good idea to have the file transfer in a different place.

RE: Filetransfer in 7.0 by Fredzz on 04-09-2005 at 02:06 PM

I dont know whats wrong with them! Windows Messenger has it on the status bar! Why dont they put it also in Msn Messenger?

RE: Filetransfer in 7.0 by Jhrono on 04-09-2005 at 02:08 PM

Good Good idea!!:)..

RE: Filetransfer in 7.0 by liam_nufc on 04-09-2005 at 02:59 PM

I think the best way to do this is the way Trillian does it. A seperate little window telling you how many % its complete, name of the file and the transfer rate it's going at.

RE: Filetransfer in 7.0 by Exca on 04-09-2005 at 04:15 PM

Nah I hate seperate windows, already too much crap on this one...