Shoutbox

Hotmail POP3 Settings - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Hotmail POP3 Settings (/showthread.php?tid=42305)

Hotmail POP3 Settings by mwe99 on 04-09-2005 at 02:25 PM

Anyone know where i can find these Hotmail POP3 settings

Many thanks

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by Sunshine on 04-09-2005 at 02:29 PM

Asfar as i know hotmail doesn't support pop3 anymore unless you have a premium account.

Edit: yw mwe99 :)

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by Jhrono on 04-09-2005 at 02:29 PM

i don't think hotmail is a pop3 email :S...(well i can be wrong..)

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by mwe99 on 04-09-2005 at 02:31 PM

Okedokies thanks Sunshine (i was aware of premium but just didn't want it) and Johny

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by prashker on 04-09-2005 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine
Asfar as i know hotmail doesn't support pop3 anymore unless you have a premium account.

Edit: yw mwe99 :)

My bro and me dont have a premium account but we have the Pop3 buttion. So is there something wrong with hotmail?
RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by CookieRevised on 04-09-2005 at 02:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by SonicSam
My bro and me dont have a premium account but we have the Pop3 buttion. So is there something wrong with hotmail?
about what "pop3 button" are you talking about? Hotmail doesn't support pop3 since a very very long time (years), unless you have a pyed account (aka premium or the likes)...
RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by Ezra on 04-09-2005 at 02:59 PM

You can connect your outlook with hotmail thrue HTTP. It's quite self explainatory, Just typ in your hotmail adress and the outlook wizard will automaticly select the right settings for hotmail

Edit: That's how i'm connected (with a free account)

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by CookieRevised on 04-09-2005 at 03:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra
You can connect your outlook with hotmail thrue HTTP. It's quite self explainatory, Just typ in your hotmail adress and the outlook wizard will automaticly select the right settings for hotmail

Edit: That's how i'm connected (with a free account)
This too will be refused in the futur. They are slowly denying access with Outlook to free hotmail accounts. New account shouldn't be able to connect, and older accounts are slowly blocked also...

Also, Outlook doesn't connect to hotmail via http, but via their own protocol (can't remember it's name atm.. :p). The URL you'll see in the properties in Outlook for hotmail doesn't mean it is simply html though...
RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by gatepass007 on 04-10-2005 at 08:38 AM

Well, I have an MSN account (xxx@msn.com). But, I can't use my account through Office Outlook now. When I'm trying that shows "payment requirs".

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by haydos on 04-10-2005 at 03:50 PM

Isn't it possible to use a hotmail popper to help you with this?

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by Supersonicdarky on 04-10-2005 at 04:28 PM

It never worked for me :S, it always said i had no mail :S

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by mad_onion on 04-10-2005 at 06:29 PM

no i found that was a rubbish program never worked for me. it is annoynig that they are blocking them all from outlook but i guess it costs too much money

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by haydos on 04-10-2005 at 06:43 PM

I really think that hotmail may have to lose a little of this revenue and extend into the POP3 areas. They need a way to try and compete with the likes of Gmail and Yahoo! and downsizing features certainly isnt the way to do it in my opinion

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by raymbeavers2009 on 08-16-2007 at 04:32 PM

Hi I just wanted to let you know that if you were using your account in 2004 your account will have access to the HTTP services even if you have a free account, but make sure your account was active all the time. I contacted Microsoft about this issue and they agreed with that statement. :D

Hoped That Helped,
Raymond Beavers

RE: Hotmail POP3 Settings by Gate420 on 10-30-2009 at 05:40 AM

this is the new pop 3 settings for msn hotmail I have a free account and it works

Incoming Server: pop3.live.com
Incoming Port: 995
SSL Encryption: yes
Outgoing Server: smtp.live.com
Outgoing port: 25 (use port 587 if the default port is not working)
Authentication: yes
TLS Or SSL: yes