Shoutbox

[request] Extension block override - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: [request] Extension block override (/showthread.php?tid=42308)

[request] Extension block override by Opuz Klass on 04-09-2005 at 03:28 PM

Patchou,

Is it possible to integrate an extension block (Attachment Manager API) override (MSN 7) through MsgPlus without any bit hacking?

Thanks in advance. :)

RE: [request] Extension block override by CookieRevised on 04-09-2005 at 03:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Opuz Klass
Patchou,

Is it possible to integrate an extension block (Attachment Manager API) override (MSN 7) through MsgPlus without any bit hacking?

Thanks in advance. :)
Even how terrible I think the file blocking is... personaly, I wouldn't like this to be included in Plus! as such a thing will be used (turned on) without further thinking by many people and thus can cause security issues.

There are already patches around which turn the file blocking off, and for the more knowledgable people, those who know what they are doing, this is a nice alternative. For the others, let's call them "complete n00bs", it is better that those files are staying blocked.

Plus! shouldn't be responsible for something like that or to be the cause for spreading malicious stuff...

IMHO
RE: [request] Extension block override by absorbation on 04-09-2005 at 04:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Plus! shouldn't be responsible for something like that or to be the cause for spreading malicious stuff...

Yes i agree plus has to be in a way friends with microsoft as microsoft is so powerful and messenger plus is so widely used. That's why the hide banner advertsiments was left out from 3.40 and up.

http://www.mess.be has an option to disable this look in the downloads section ;)