Shoutbox

Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! (/showthread.php?tid=42348)

Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by tropicalpetal on 04-10-2005 at 12:26 AM

Why did this happen? I tried and I tried and I just can't rename this person. I can rename all my other contacts though...

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Supersonicdarky on 04-10-2005 at 12:27 AM

what versions of:
MSN:
PLUS!:

(never happended to me)

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by tropicalpetal on 04-10-2005 at 12:28 AM

I have Messenger Plus version 3.50.124

oh, and i have msn version 6.2

i don't know what os stands for

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Supersonicdarky on 04-10-2005 at 12:30 AM

and os plz

(operation system (ex:windows xp))

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by tropicalpetal on 04-10-2005 at 12:30 AM

but what does 'os' stand for?

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Hank on 04-10-2005 at 12:31 AM

OS is Operating System, but that hasnt got anything to do with the problem ur having

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Supersonicdarky on 04-10-2005 at 12:31 AM

i'm just asking the general questions *-)

maybe it's 6.2 and plus!? i don't know if 3.50 is completely compatible with 6.2... I suggest upgrade to 7, i'm 75% sure that the bug will be gone :)

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by tropicalpetal on 04-10-2005 at 12:31 AM

oh! the operating system is windows 98

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Hank on 04-10-2005 at 12:34 AM

nope i dont, when you installed  3.50, did you remove the previous  MsgPlus or install the 3.50 over the op of an older version?

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Plik on 04-10-2005 at 12:36 AM

what happens when you try to rename the contact?

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by tropicalpetal on 04-10-2005 at 12:37 AM

when i try to rename the contact, nothing happens. it just stays the same way as it was.

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Supersonicdarky on 04-10-2005 at 12:38 AM

did you try restarting msn? it migyht be slow or something

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by tropicalpetal on 04-10-2005 at 12:40 AM

hm...i didn't try restarting it. you know what i'll do? I will get rid of msn and the plus feature and re-download them both. if the problem continues, i will come back.

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by Supersonicdarky on 04-10-2005 at 12:42 AM

I don't think it's a problem with msn, so no need to reinstall msn :)

(being slow is not a problem)

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by matty on 04-10-2005 at 01:09 AM

When you try to change the contact what error message do you recieve?

Which way are you trying to rename the contact? By Right Clicking and selecting Messenger Plus! Extras then Rename Contact or are you trying to do it through the Preferences. If you have only tried it one of these ways please try the other way mentions.

Also but posting more then once in a row is against the forum rules. These rules can be found here. Please take a look at the forum rules because it clearly states to not double post. Instead use the [Image: edit.gif] button to the bottom right of the specific post to add more or change what you have put.

Matty

RE: Help! I can't rename one of my contacts! by .Roy on 04-10-2005 at 04:44 AM

I dont think this has an error message, because this happened to me once. I right clicked on a person and plus features and then renamed him. But his name didnt change. So then i just restarted MSN MESSENGER and it all worked fine.