Shoutbox

"Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? (/showthread.php?tid=42394)

"Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by got_banned on 04-10-2005 at 01:41 PM

Hey everyone,
I've been having trouble trying to install any programs on my computer. For example if I want to install Quicktime it will say "d:\new folder\quicktime\quicktime.exe is not a valid Win32 application" . I don't know where this problem came from but it's really odd! Can some please help?

RE: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by -dt- on 04-10-2005 at 01:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by got_banned
Hey everyone,
I've been having trouble trying to install any programs on my computer. For example if I want to install Quicktime it will say "d:\new folder\quicktime\quicktime.exe is not a valid Win32 application" . I don't know where this problem came from but it's really odd! Can some please help?

Redownload it , it sounds like the install has been corrupted
RE: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by RaceProUK on 04-10-2005 at 06:53 PM

You may want to try disabling any download managers too.

RE: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by Vilkku on 04-10-2005 at 07:14 PM

If the file remains corrupt you could try a different download place (mirror) if provided.

RE: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by Garndell on 04-10-2005 at 07:58 PM

Is the error message relating to the autoexec.nt file by any chance?  It occurs on XP SP2 sometimes.

http://unodocs.nmsu.edu/RoboDocs/WebHelp/jinitiator/ji_05.htm

RE: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by ShawnZ on 04-10-2005 at 08:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Garndell
Is the error message relating to the autoexec.nt file by any chance?  It occurs on XP SP2 sometimes.

http://unodocs.nmsu.edu/RoboDocs/WebHelp/jinitiator/ji_05.htm
Thats a different error. (But thanks, ive been having that problem since last month!)
RE: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by squall_leonhart69r on 04-12-2005 at 12:57 AM

as everyone has sed this i when the first few lines of entrance code have become damaged corrupting this file

the file still looks and has the info that the quicktime installer should have but the file iteself is rendered useless

i have found that sometimes moving the file can fix this problem as wel so its not always a corruption issue

RE: "Is not a valid Win32 application" - What the? by rav0 on 04-12-2005 at 06:25 AM

Diagnosis: The file was corrupted during transfer or otherwise.

Workaround: Don't use Quicktime!:P

Actually I'm serious, it messes with your file associations, it loads slowly, it unloads slowly, it has nag screens unless you pay for it, it never uninstalls properly, so unless you really need it and Quicktime Alternative won't do it, don't install it.