Shoutbox

[request] Personal Message Song - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: [request] Personal Message Song (/showthread.php?tid=42408)

[request] Personal Message Song by t1a0s on 04-10-2005 at 04:15 PM

When you click on a personal message in MSN thats a song it searches it in MSN Music. I think it would be a good idea to make it search it in a downloading program instead e.g Kazaa lite. Anybody think its a gd idea?

RE: [request] Personal Message Song by M73A on 04-10-2005 at 04:31 PM

i dont like this idea. it is illegal to download music unless paying for it, like napster now charges users for songs.

i doubt msgplus would incorprate something illegal such as this but someone else not concerned by laws would probably make this....

but imo, i doubt this will be made. unless a programmer or someone with the required skills likes the idea.....

RE: [request] Personal Message Song by Supersonicdarky on 04-10-2005 at 04:32 PM

it would be better if it went to www.puretracks.com and it played the preview, it has most songs people would play :)

RE: [request] Personal Message Song by t1a0s on 04-10-2005 at 04:34 PM

I didnt necessarily mean kazaa that was just an example, it could open it in napster, itunes or whatever else you use for downloading music.

RE: [request] Personal Message Song by user27089 on 04-10-2005 at 04:37 PM

I really can't see the point in such a thing being done, a lot of programs probably wouldn't handle it anyway... MSN Music has been customized so that it does this... It will be left as this... It will be hard to get it to open kazaa and then search... It would mean checking out the code of all of those programs and trying to get it to automatically search correctly...

Also, there is the legal side of things, most of these p2p networking programs that people own are used illegally and are not paid for, therefore, I doubt Patchou would like to have something that is causing illegal processes contained in his piece of software.

RE: [request] Personal Message Song by riahc4 on 04-10-2005 at 05:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by the1andonlysparky
When you click on a personal message in MSN thats a song it searches it in MSN Music. I think it would be a good idea to make it search it in a downloading program instead e.g Kazaa lite. Anybody think its a gd idea?

This morning I had the same idea but then thought about its legality. and then thought that it isnt legal so we'll problabyl never see this...unless you can make it of course :P
RE: [request] Personal Message Song by Exca on 04-10-2005 at 05:38 PM

If you really want it, search it manually :S Or buy the cd, the quality is much better than mp3(Y)