Shoutbox

My Msgplus Aint Compatiable - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable (/showthread.php?tid=42409)

My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by s1k0 on 04-10-2005 at 04:37 PM

Hello
My Msgplus .50 Is not compatiable with msn 7 final i tryed all commands like (!IP) /away /Busy /clear nothing happened is there a problem with my msn or msgplus?

RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by .Roy on 04-10-2005 at 04:59 PM

first of all its msgplus 3.50...

And second. Do you even see the plus sign at the top of your msn messenger windows?

If not try to install messenger plus! again...

Also see if u changed any settings in the preferences. If u did then i suggest u look over what u changed.

RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by Patchou on 04-10-2005 at 05:20 PM

If you're using Smiley Central that could explain the problemtoo.

RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by foksot on 06-06-2005 at 01:43 PM

Patchou should FIX the smiley central problem....!!!

I had to lose several hours till I found out that msplus was causing the problem.

Ok we all know that s central is spyware, but my girlfriend likes the emoticons, so I  endure the spyware!

Kenny

RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by absorbation on 06-06-2005 at 03:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foksot

I had to lose several hours till I found out that msplus was causing the problem.

Ok we all know that s central is spyware, but my girlfriend likes the emoticons, so I  endure the spyware!

Kenny

Msgplus does not install smiley central. That's it's own software entirly. The adware included in messenger plus! can be removed with no problem :P

Smiley central is not officaly spyware either it's classed as adware. Although a very strong one, it has an uninstaller and is not designed to steal passwords etc.
RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by CookieRevised on 06-06-2005 at 03:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by foksot

Wrong, the creators of Smiley Central should fix the problem. They are the ones who use bad programming on their part. Messenger Plus! is not at fault here and does not cause the problem, it is Smiley Central...

And please don't cross post the same post in several threads...
RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by Patchou on 06-06-2005 at 06:01 PM

There's nothing wrong with Plus!, it'just that Smiley Central does stuff that is not compatible with Plus!... I'm still opened to the possibility of working with the developers of Smiley Central about this problem but they never contacted me.

RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by foksot on 06-07-2005 at 03:55 AM

Hello Patchou, you are doing a great job with msgplus... microsoft should grab you and pay you loads of money to start developing for them ... ;-)
I will see what I can do about having the smiley team contact you so you can resolve the problem together.

My conclusion that it was a problem of msgplus was that the version of smiley did not change, but the version of msgplus did, and when the version of msgplus did, then smiley stopped working. So Smiley was a constant and msgplus was the variable.
So my conclusion was just logical (without me knowing the programing problems involved).

Kenny

RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by Patchou on 06-08-2005 at 05:56 AM

that's true, this was a logical conclusion indeed :). Let me explain what happened: a couple of monthes ago, I found out that having Smiley Central installed together with Plus! could create several very undesired effects. As a result, I changed some stuff to bypass SmileyCentral when Plus! is running. It was a decision I had to make which also cost me some dollars (they were advertising on msgplus.net at a very good rate) but I cannot comprise the stability of Messenger for any reason (at least, if I don't want to get a call from MSN ;)).

RE: My Msgplus Aint Compatiable by XM4ST3RX on 06-08-2005 at 10:12 AM

Hi,

maybe a compatibility module would be cool, so that before msgplus is fully initialized, msgplus checks for other app's using msn messenger and if it is causing compatibility issues... if so you could make it tell the user which app's are causing the problems...

that way... the user knows which app's to uninstall in order to get msgplus working... i said that confidently... because they will uninstall any other programs for msgplus to be there... because msgplus is the best app to be ran with msn messenger atm :P

Kind Regards,
XM4ST3RX