Shoutbox

Sounds - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+----- Thread: Sounds (/showthread.php?tid=42410)

Sounds by BluexDreams on 04-10-2005 at 04:37 PM

I've just downloaded the latest Msn Messenger, Plus! and StuffPlug versions.

So far it's good, except for few things.

Everynow and then i hear this sound that is played when someone signs in by Plus! ( The sound Plus!'s uses to alert someone has signed in). I can't seem to find the source behind the sound, and actually it's getting a bit annoying to hear sounds out of no where for no apparent reason, so far. So i was wondering what is it?

RE: Sounds by user27089 on 04-10-2005 at 04:40 PM

Go to (in the main window) Plus! > Preferences > Notifications and see in there if there is anything in there that you have selected accidentally, there may be custom sounds for when a certain contact signs in.

RE: Sounds by BluexDreams on 04-10-2005 at 04:43 PM

The thing is..no one is signing in!

I do want the notifications to be selected, and i don't mind it playing a certain sound when someone comes online, but if it just plays it randomly? It's a bit weird.

RE: Sounds by TGG on 04-10-2005 at 04:44 PM

Do you have the sound set for when they change their status?
That may be why it is playing.

RE: RE: Sounds by BluexDreams on 04-10-2005 at 04:51 PM

quote:
Originally posted by TGG
Do you have the sound set for when they change their status?
That may be why it is playing.

Well, i do have that set. I just checked on my other Msn and it seems like the people whom were changing thier status, do not have any notifications. Other than that, no box has appeared telling me someone has changed his/her status.
RE: Sounds by Joa on 04-10-2005 at 04:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BluexDreams
it just plays it randomly?

try playing around with the sound options in plus! they should not be playing randomly :| .. do you have any plugins?

maybe you mean that sounds play when somebody messages you?
you can try to see if it is maybe MSN making those sounds, go to Tools> Options > Alerts and Sounds  .. and see if the options are checked there.

there are emoticon sounds that can be played.
go to Plus! > Preferences > General Options > Sounds tab, and try unchecking the built in emoticon sounds from there.
RE: Sounds by BluexDreams on 04-10-2005 at 04:57 PM

A changed my status online and offline and it plays them fine. But still, that sound is playing randomly - so far.

I do know the difference between the sounds of when someone sends me a message or someone comes online :), and i can grant you no one was sending me any messages at that paticular time.

Plus, no one is sending me any emoticon sounds. None of my online contacts has Msn7 and the newest Plus! yet.

RE: Sounds by Joa on 04-10-2005 at 04:59 PM

ok, go to  Plus! > Preferences > Notifications > Pop up options and UNCHECK on the bottom play sound when a notification is displayed... maybe something is screwed up :-/ and the sounds still play even though you don't have notifications. .. although that would be odd.

quote:
I do know the difference between the sounds of when someone sends me a message or someone comes online
;) sorry... some people don't so it was worth a shot. lol :)

Edit: do you have any plugins?? and if, than please name them... they could be responsible for some of the sounds made.
RE: RE: Sounds by BluexDreams on 04-10-2005 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa

quote:
I do know the difference between the sounds of when someone sends me a message or someone comes online
;) sorry... some people don't so it was worth a shot. lol :)

It's okay ^^
I've unchecked the box. I just hope one of those random times would be anytime soon so i can know if it's going to come out of nowhere again.

I only have StuffPlug and Systemstat. Would they cause any instability?

RE: Sounds by Joa on 04-10-2005 at 05:10 PM

quote:

I only have StuffPlug and Systemstat. Would they cause any instability?

stuffplug, for sure no... but try disabling systemstat. just uncheck the box beside it and restart msn. i'm not familiar with that plugin, so i can't tell you for sure.

Edit: you can always have the plugin running with plus again (if it was not the problem) by simply checking the box beside it again :)

also, if it does not work out, try the same thing with stuffplug :-/
RE: Sounds by BluexDreams on 04-10-2005 at 05:17 PM

I think i found what's wrong? But it's still weird..

Well, as you suggested, i turned i turned the notifications off. Just few minutes ago i heard it.  I checked the msn event log file, and it turned out someone has changed thier nick/came online but they are blocked. The thing is, it's turned off. How could it make any sounds?

Unless it's the "Everytime one of your contacts signs in or out..", which i think it is.

Bummer..i should have looked through it all more.
I'm sorry, it's just that i am not quite familiar with the new Msn:S..not that it has anything to do with Plus!

Thanks a lot though

RE: Sounds by Kally on 04-12-2005 at 08:53 PM

I seem to have the opposite problem.  I used to have a special sound notification for one of my buddies signed on and now I can't get that anymore.  When I click on notifications and try to select a sound it goes to My Music and nothing is displayed there.  I don't want music I want a sound but have no idea how to go get it manually since it doesn't seem to be going to that option automatically any more.

Any ideas or suggestions?