Shoutbox

Bugs? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: Bugs? (/showthread.php?tid=42412)

Bugs? by Viardot on 04-10-2005 at 05:00 PM

I use windows XP, msn messenger 7 and messenger plus! 3.50.124

I have two specific problems that i think are bugs:

1.- sometimes (very often) when i do double click on a contact to open a conversation inmediately messenger closes and disappears. (this is very exasperating)

2.- sometimes (very often too) messenger plus! disapears and suddenly only works Msn Messenger.

RE: Bugs? by user27089 on 04-10-2005 at 05:02 PM

It may be a problem with the startup of messenger plus!... In the main window go to Plus! > Preferences > General Options > Miscellaneous and on the bottom, there is an area called "Messenger Plus! Recovery Options"... In the drop down window, select "Alternate Mode" and apply the changes... Now reboot your computer and see if the problems persist.

I think that there are many other problems with MSNM7 so the windows closing may have something to do with that... I'm also having problems like these.

RE: Bugs? by albert on 04-10-2005 at 05:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Viardot

1.- sometimes (very often) when i do double click on a contact to open a conversation inmediately messenger closes and disappears. (this is very exasperating)

I have the same problem with my windows messenger here, but can't tell you why.. try downgrading to msn messenger 6.2 if it keep son happening..

quote:

2.- sometimes (very often too) messenger plus! disapears and suddenly only works Msn Messenger.

If messenger Plus! disapears, try to reload it, now i don't get the part "only works with msn messenger" Msg Plus! is a msn
messenger application, it only works with msn messenger..

RE: Bugs? by Joa on 04-10-2005 at 05:06 PM

quote:

try restarting your computer. if this does not work uninstall MSN, restart, install MSN, restart, and than launch MSN. this should solve your problem.

Edit: i read about this, in the worst case as lp15 said downgrade, OR just side click to send messages. :-/

there seems not to be any other solution to the problem so far.
RE: Bugs? by Patchou on 04-10-2005 at 05:25 PM

Can you confirm that removing Plus! solves the problem? if so, please email me at mplus@patchou.com and we'll fix the problem together.

RE: Bugs? by Ahmad on 04-10-2005 at 05:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
Can you confirm that removing Plus! solves the problem? if so, please email me at mplus@patchou.com and we'll fix the problem together.

i had the same problem patchou, i posted a thread about it too

removing plus solves the problem, also opening messenger after it crashes solves the problem too

edit: http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=41426
RE: Bugs? by RaceProUK on 04-10-2005 at 06:49 PM

SPNG has been having compatibility difficulties - is it possible Plus is too? Maybe MS changed something key to how Plus and SPNG work.

RE: Bugs? by dan_kwc2000 on 04-23-2005 at 10:13 PM

Anyone experiencing problems sending messages.  Error messages saying 'The following message could not be delivered to all recipients' after installing msn 7.  Happens very frequently and really annoying.  Sometimes the message get sent through.

RE: Bugs? by Shezi on 04-23-2005 at 10:19 PM

if u have any plugin installed then disable them and see if ur problem fix or not....

RE: Bugs? by dan_kwc2000 on 04-23-2005 at 10:53 PM

i have removed the latest Messenger Plus and it seems to be working fine now