Shoutbox

Bot? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: Scripting (/forumdisplay.php?fid=39)
+----- Forum: Plug-Ins (/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+------ Thread: Bot? (/showthread.php?tid=42462)

Bot? by Melon on 04-11-2005 at 04:02 AM

I was looking for a "bot" plug-in and didn't find one. When I say bot I mean something that answers to peaople automatically. For exmaple when somebody says "hi/hello/whats up" to me then bot automatically answers by saying "hey how are you?" If you know a solution to my problem then please reply to this thread.

Sincerely,
Melon (H)
(melon@melonstudio.net)

RE: Bot? by Joa on 04-11-2005 at 04:15 AM

hmm.. i know that messenger discovery has that feature for msn 6.2 .. you can check out their site, to see when they release the new version that is compatible with msn 7.

http://www.messengerdiscovery.com/

Edit: u can check out www.mess.be also (i'm checking on the internet right now though, because that would be a cool plugin)

Edit 2: i found nothing.. maybe you should request a plugin like that :cheesy:

RE: Bot? by Melon on 04-11-2005 at 05:02 AM

Can you please do that for me? :^)

RE: Bot? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-11-2005 at 07:35 AM

I'm working on such a plugin.. :D.. And i've just started it today.. :P.. So... But don't expect it anytime soon... I've got tons of homework the next couple of days.. :(

RE: Bot? by Melon on 04-11-2005 at 11:21 AM

I just checked out  "offlinemessenger" and it has a bot talking to me. I wonder if they have  programmed it by them self or they have downloaded it from somewhere?(H)

RE: Bot? by Anubis on 04-11-2005 at 11:51 AM

I remember an ancient project that TheBlasphemer was working on (I think that was back when his alias was DJMystic) that would automatically respond like this, but it would learn in time with new responses you could choose to add when it asked you. I'm not sure if a very unstable Alpha was made, but from looking on the forum (where I remember it being talked about), is gone or buried.

quote:
Originally posted by Melon
I wonder if they have  programmed it by them self or they have downloaded it from somewhere?
They made it themselves, it's a project...
RE: Bot? by Poool on 04-14-2005 at 03:26 PM

I'm aswell looking for something like this..
Can't someone make something simple quickly?

RE: Bot? by Jerriej on 04-14-2005 at 03:42 PM

Such bots aren't easy nor simple to script or create. Spleak is a good bot for daily talking etcetera, but it doesn't have the feature to set it up and let it talk to your contacts.

RE: Bot? by Poool on 04-14-2005 at 04:12 PM

I just want it to answer with my Ip..

so if someone sends me:
!whatsyourip
or something like that it send back:
(!IP) and msg plus converts it to my IP..

couldn't you just make 2 text files..
one with the words in it, which the bot should react at.. and in the other one, what the bot should send back..
or isn't that possible?

RE: Bot? by Poool on 04-16-2005 at 04:37 PM

Or can i modify the Ping-String that i always answer with a Pong and my IP adress?

Where are those strings saved?

RE: Bot? by step_on_hen on 04-17-2005 at 01:59 AM

I found A bot called Incredibot that did just that, but its for msn messenger 4 and has not been updated

RE: Bot? by (CyBeRDuDe) on 04-17-2005 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by step_on_hen
I found A bot called Incredibot that did just that, but its for msn messenger 4 and has not been updated
That's beacuse in those days it was as easy as hell to do such a auto responder bot.. But apparently MSN has changed so much in the api, that this is not that simple any more...
RE: Bot? by TheBlasphemer on 04-17-2005 at 01:40 PM

If you have a bit of C++ knowledge, you might want to take a peek at http://www.sourceforge.net/ and search for "msnbotcpp" :)

RE: Bot? by Hilikus on 04-18-2005 at 10:00 PM

well, there isnt much documentation on that one but it seems like an msn client which does that, thats not what they (nor i )want, i want a plugin, not a different msn client

A C++ class based multi-threaded client for the MSN Messenger network

it seems like a lot of people is looking for that feature, i might give it a try....

RE: Bot? by mrhuge on 04-19-2005 at 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hilikus
it seems like a lot of people is looking for that feature, i might give
How about a proxy with plugin support? I've created an open source SOCKS4 proxy for MSN Messenger. With the plugin interface you can create bots, auto-responders, whatever. You only need C/C++ knowledge to create such a plugin.
Look @ my signature for the download location.