Shoutbox

Display Pictures - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Display Pictures (/showthread.php?tid=42481)

Display Pictures by amyearsley on 04-11-2005 at 11:44 AM

Messenger forget my display picture everytime i turn my pc off.

Im using Messenger 7.0.777 on Windows XP Home with SP2 and all updates since installed.

RE: Display Pictures by Supersonicdarky on 04-11-2005 at 11:46 AM

personnal settings>security>uncheck "this is a shared computer so don't store my address book, display picture or background on it"

try that :)

RE: Display Pictures by amyearsley on 04-11-2005 at 11:47 AM

it was already unchecked

RE: Display Pictures by RaceProUK on 04-11-2005 at 12:29 PM

Try this:
1. Quit MSN Messenger
2. Select Start > Run
3. Type '%appdata%' and hit Enter
4. Navigate into the MSN Messenger folder, then into the folder whose number matches your e-mail address (use this program to work it out)
5. Delete the UserTile folder

Now you should be able to restart Messenger and re-add your DPs.

RE: Display Pictures by amyearsley on 04-11-2005 at 02:44 PM

that hasn't worked either, it just removed all the custom pictures that messenger shows in the change display picture window

RE: Display Pictures by RaceProUK on 04-11-2005 at 02:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Now you should be able to restart Messenger and re-add your DPs.
Which should hopefully fix the problem you were having.
RE: Display Pictures by amyearsley on 04-11-2005 at 03:57 PM

It worked when i restarted messenger but when i restarted my computer it lost it again.

RE: Display Pictures by Kally on 04-12-2005 at 01:01 AM

I'm having a similiar problem but it seems that I have no default pictures at all in my folder and when I download a picture to use as a display photo it shows until I actually MSN someone and then I get like a quick flash of a beige (no error message) and then my MSN is ready to communicate with however I want but no display photo.

Does anyone know what's happening?  I already deleted and re-installed twice so I don't think that is a solution.

RE: Display Pictures by matty on 04-12-2005 at 01:19 AM

Can anyone that is having this problem uninstall Messenger Plus! and try without Messenger Plus! installed. There was a previous bug where it did this but it was supposed to be solved.

RE: Display Pictures by Kally on 04-12-2005 at 01:27 AM

I'm not sure if that is really the problem.  I have three desktops - 2 running Windows XP Pro and 1 running Windows XP Home and they all have MSN 7.0 and 3.5 Plus.  Only one desktop is having this problem - if it was a bug with Plus would not everyone and every machine not be having this problem??

RE: Display Pictures by amyearsley on 04-12-2005 at 09:23 AM

Just uninstalled Plus and restarted my machine and it has remember the correct DP, so looks like it is an error with plus.  One of my mates is also have the same problem.

RE: Display Pictures by Kally on 04-12-2005 at 12:09 PM

Uninstalled MSN Plus and restarted my computer - still no default pictures in MSN and will not retain my own selected picture.

Any other ideas?????

RE: Display Pictures by RaceProUK on 04-12-2005 at 12:18 PM

it's possible it's a bug with messenger itself. Have you tried downgrading to 6.2? Or reinstalling 7?

RE: Display Pictures by Kally on 04-12-2005 at 01:18 PM

I could try to down 6.2 and see if it makes a difference but I have uninstalled and reinstalled 7 a number of times and nothing.

It's really strange because I have 3 desktops at home and 1 at work and they all work great except for 1 of my desktops at home so I really doubt it's a fault of MSN but I think it must be more a setting or something that is just not allowing this.

I also noticed that after I unstalled and reinstalled Plus that now I can't seem to customize the sounds also.  Really strange.