Shoutbox

problems saving chatlog - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: problems saving chatlog (/showthread.php?tid=42504)

problems saving chatlog by Gompy on 04-11-2005 at 04:04 PM

Hello,

my girlfriend (who don't uses Messenger Plus) says every time she close my chat screen she got's an error.  MSN says he can't save the chatlog. I hope any can do something with it or help me with it

Greetz,

Gompy

(I hope i didn't made an double topic)

RE: problems saving chatlog by .Roy on 04-11-2005 at 04:06 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Gompy
Hello,

my girlfriend (who don't uses Messenger Plus) says every time she close my chat screen she got's an error.  MSN says he can't save the chatlog. I hope any can do something with it or help me with it

Greetz,

Gompy

(I hope i didn't made an double topic)
this is in the wrong thread and should be posted in Msn/Windows Messenger forum...)

Btw tell her to get msg plus! it has logging ;)

RE: problems saving chatlog by Tasha on 04-11-2005 at 04:09 PM

What is the exact error code?

If it is what I think it is i've had this problem, I think it happens because you use Messnger Plus! and she doesn't, and you possibly use codes to do with Messenger Plus! which MSN Messenger simply does not reckognise in the chat logs.

The best things she should do is to install Messenger Plus! And see if the problem persists.

RE: problems saving chatlog by RaceProUK on 04-11-2005 at 10:28 PM

Actually, the problem is in the way Messenger writes to the logs. There's a bug that can sometimes put an invalid character into the file.
Somewhere on the forums is a program that fixes MSN's chatlog errors. An intelligent search should find it. Sunshine's found it :)

RE: problems saving chatlog by Chestah on 04-11-2005 at 10:31 PM

Try getting her to download msgplus and see if this fixes it? If not she can always disable MSN Messenger's logging function and use msgplus' one :).

RE: problems saving chatlog by Sunshine on 04-11-2005 at 10:38 PM

I think this is the problem you are talking about:

[Image: attachment.php?pid=437230]

To solve this error use ScanXMLLogs.

Requirement: .NET Framework 1.1 (link to that can be found on the same page)