Shoutbox

Make contacts DP display immediately - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Make contacts DP display immediately (/showthread.php?tid=42535)

Make contacts DP display immediately by frankiedaman on 04-11-2005 at 08:13 PM

Hi, I wonder if you could help me with something - it's not a problem as such but I wondered if there is a way to do it.

Everytime I log onto MSN 7 (I have the public release 7.0.777) about 90% of my contacts display pictures wont appear in my contact list automatically. I have to double click them, wait a bit and then their pic appears, which in turn makes it appear in the contact list as well.

I was wondering whether there is anyway to get the pics to display automatically in my contact list rather than have to double click each person and wait.

Thx v.much :)

RE: Make contacts DP display immediately by matty on 04-11-2005 at 08:16 PM

Its a delay on the protocol so that your connection is bombarded with a million display pictures being transfered.

RE: Make contacts DP display immediately by frankiedaman on 04-11-2005 at 08:22 PM

Don't you mean "so that your connection isn't bombarded with a million display pictures"?

I understood it anyway - it makes sense really, didn't think of that.

RE: Make contacts DP display immediately by buzz on 04-12-2005 at 02:01 AM

the display pics of the people i talk to more often seem to load faster(unless its a muggin), i dont kno if its just a coincidence

RE: Make contacts DP display immediately by mad_onion on 04-12-2005 at 03:44 PM

yeah this does seem to happen a bit although i think it is getting better mabye it is something to do with the messenger servers or do display pics come straight from contacts?