Shoutbox

The "p" - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Forum: General Chit Chat (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+----- Thread: The "p" (/showthread.php?tid=42556)

The "p" by TheReveller on 04-12-2005 at 12:21 AM

I was wondering why does so many people spells the words "own" and "ownage" with a "p" instead of a "o" ("pwn" and "pwnage"). When did it started, why did it started and what's with the "p" ?

RE: The "p" by Kafman on 04-12-2005 at 12:25 AM

you could Google it, anyway read this: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pwned

RE: The "p" by ~INVASION~ on 04-12-2005 at 12:29 AM

hahhaha thats awesome i was wondering that also, i like the look of it so thats why i used it:P

RE: The "p" by .Roy on 04-12-2005 at 04:15 AM

lol thanks KafMan

I actually play Warcraft and people use the word pwn like we use the term lol.. Its so common i got used to it as a word.

RE: The "p" by rav0 on 04-12-2005 at 04:52 AM

Pwn, pwning and pwnage refer to dominance over something. Own and owning refer to ownership. Ownage isn't a word. Usage: rav0 pwns you, but rav0 doesn't own you. :D

RE: The "p" by .Roy on 04-12-2005 at 04:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rav0
Pwn, pwning and pwnage refer to dominance over something. Own and owning refer to ownership. Ownage isn't a word. Usage: rav0 pwns you, but rav0 doesn't own you. :D

yes u can use own that way. Youve be owned. Its slang for beaten or something like that :)
RE: RE: The "p" by rav0 on 04-12-2005 at 04:58 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hobbes
quote:
Originally posted by rav0

yes u can use own that way. Youve be owned. Its slang for beaten or something like that :)

Slang for when you've been beaten or something like that is pwned, now owned, well unless you were beaten in a bet and you bet yourself and your now the winners property.

Usage: You've been pwned by rav0, but you haven't been owned by rav0, and probably never will be.
RE: The "p" by tomfletcherman on 04-13-2005 at 05:47 PM

Well I just thought it was an excited n00b who, in his excitement, hit the p instead of o as they are next to each other on the keyboard.

RE: RE: The "p" by Vilkku on 04-13-2005 at 05:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tomfletcherman
Well I just thought it was an excited n00b who, in his excitement, hit the p instead of o as they are next to each other on the keyboard.

100% correct
RE: The "p" by saralk on 04-13-2005 at 06:22 PM

I thaught it was pistol owned.

RE: The "p" by Eljay on 04-13-2005 at 06:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by saralk
I thaught it was pistol owned.

not correct!
RE: The "p" by OnlineAlways on 04-13-2005 at 11:44 PM

I had no idea what it meant... before I knew... what... it ... meant...