Shoutbox

Problem & Question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Problem & Question (/showthread.php?tid=42573)

Problem & Question by Y2Pdogg on 04-12-2005 at 04:13 AM

The Problem is that I have an icon on my desktop that will not go away. I've already deleted the program that it is and I've even tried to delete it in Safe Mode but it still says it's in use. Please Help it's aggravaiting me

The Question is: Do you have to have a DVD Burner to copy a whole dvd to a computer or is there a program out there that can copy it without having to have a DVD Burner?

RE: Problem & Question by .Roy on 04-12-2005 at 04:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Y2Pdogg
The Problem is that I have an icon on my desktop that will not go away. I've already deleted the program that it is and I've even tried to delete it in Safe Mode but it still says it's in use. Please Help it's aggravaiting me

Try clicking ctrl + alt + delete and go to the processes. Check if you see the process for the file that u want to delete.  If you see it click end process. And now u can delete the file.

quote:

The Question is: Do you have to have a DVD Burner to copy a whole dvd to a computer or is there a program out there that can copy it without having to have a DVD Burner?

I dont think so.
RE: Problem & Question by Y2Pdogg on 04-12-2005 at 04:52 AM

I tried that and didn't see the file. It's not in Safe Mode either.

RE: Problem & Question by rav0 on 04-12-2005 at 05:42 AM

quote:

You only need a DVD-ROM drive. If you can watch DVD-Videos on your computer, then you have one. You only need ripping software, try DVD Decrypter.

Also, next time post unrelated things in seperate threads.
RE: Problem & Question by Y2Pdogg on 04-12-2005 at 06:31 AM

Oh ok Thank You. I was hoping there was a program like that out there.

Sorry about the 2 different things in one post. I didn't want to take up extra board room when I could just post in 1. Sorry. I've about got use to how this forum works.

RE: Problem & Question by rav0 on 04-12-2005 at 06:48 AM

No worries, it's just that when threads get lots of posts, and they're disscussing different things, it gets very confusing.

RE: Problem & Question by user27089 on 04-12-2005 at 06:57 AM

Whatis the icon, it sounds to me like you have installed some adware/spyware... Simply use an adware/spyware removal program to get rid of it...

Download one or both of the following:

- LavaSoft Ad-Aware 6.0 SE
- Spybot Search and Destroy

If you have accidentally installed the messenger plus! optional sponsor then you can uninstall it in add/remove programs by selecing "Uninstall the Sponsor Only" when you press "Change/Remove"

RE: Problem & Question by Pyroteq on 04-12-2005 at 07:15 AM

I can help you, i had exactly this problem

You need to download the program called "Moveonboot" You can get it  Here
Or add me to messenger and ill send you it.

Simply, it deletes the file from your harddrive before anything boots up (drivers, windows) etc. Works like a charm :)

As for your second question you just need a DVD Rom

RE: Problem & Question by Y2Pdogg on 04-12-2005 at 06:02 PM

Wow that Moveonboot program worked like, well like you said, a charm. Only took a couple seconds and a quick reboot and it was gone :D

I knew it wasn't spyware/adware because it was a program that I had installed myself but didn't like and deleted it but for some reason the shortcut icon on the desktop would not delete.

Thanks everyone! especially you Scone :)