Shoutbox

a spy that I cant get rid of - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: a spy that I cant get rid of (/showthread.php?tid=42614)

a spy that I cant get rid of by Naruto on 04-12-2005 at 02:46 PM

I have a spy on my PC called MagikControl.Agent I delete it all the time... but it keeps reinstalling8-) I was wondering if someone suffers from the same problem and help is walcom of course:D and btw I use spybot search and destroy to take care of spyes

RE: a spy that I cant get rid of by Pyroteq on 04-12-2005 at 02:50 PM

I just googled your "spyware" and no results came through with that name..Are you sure that you have the right name

Theres another spyware removing tool i use aswell as Spybot S&D. Its called Hijack this! (Click to download)

RE: a spy that I cant get rid of by Naruto on 04-12-2005 at 02:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Scone
I just googled your "spyware" and no results came through with that name..Are you sure that you have the right name

Theres another spyware removing tool i use aswell as Spybot S&D. Its called Hijack this! (Click to download)
I'm not so sure its a spy.... maybe just an annoying cookie of some sort... but is there a chance I can manully delete it?
RE: a spy that I cant get rid of by Pyroteq on 04-12-2005 at 03:02 PM

do you know if its a registry key or is it some sort of file?
If its a file you can go start>Search> type the name in

RE: a spy that I cant get rid of by Fredzz on 04-13-2005 at 10:57 AM

The best thing to do is to get Webroot Spysweeper!  and scan your computer! it will take care of it! After i run Spybot and Adaware, I run SPY SWEEPER! Its made for spyware, so you shouldnt have any problems removing it. Try it! After you install it, make a database update, and i dont remember if the trial version lets you clean it! i think you can, but even if it doesnt, "buy" the thing!