Shoutbox

Firefox and MSN spaces - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Firefox and MSN spaces (/showthread.php?tid=42640)

Firefox and MSN spaces by steVenB on 04-12-2005 at 06:02 PM

Why does MSN spaces always look funny with firefox web browser? Is there a way to fix it???
Thanks

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by Zephyr on 04-12-2005 at 06:07 PM

Could you give us a screenshot maybe or explain the problem in more detial. I use firefox and spaces looks fine on the browser.

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by aNILEator on 04-12-2005 at 06:20 PM

I know what the dude means, if you just click refresh it normally fixes itself :D

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by steVenB on 04-12-2005 at 06:21 PM

Here is the screenshot. Im using Firefox 1.0.2 and windows XP. The photo album display is what Im talking about.

[Image: 1671screenshot.JPG]

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by steVenB on 04-12-2005 at 06:23 PM

I just tried the refresh and it didnt work.

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by Smethead on 04-12-2005 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
Why does MSN spaces always look funny with firefox web browser? Is there a way to fix it???
Thanks

Because MSN tries to make people use Internet Explorer :dodgy:
RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by Zephyr on 04-12-2005 at 06:28 PM

My space looks exactly the same and its only since i put the messenger plus! banner in. IE seems to resize the banner to fit in with the background. Maybe firefox can't do this.

EDIT: IE doesn't resize the banner, but cuts a bit of it off.

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by steVenB on 04-12-2005 at 06:31 PM

Does you photoalbum appear the same way?

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by RaceProUK on 04-12-2005 at 06:34 PM

I think you'll find it's that MsgPlus banner making the blog bit too wide.

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by Zephyr on 04-12-2005 at 07:00 PM

quote:
Originally posted by steVenB
Does you photoalbum appear the same way?

Yes, my photo also sticks out just like yours which with the banner makes the other boxes go off the background.

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
I think you'll find it's that MsgPlus banner making the blog bit too wide.

Yes this is the reason, but in IE the photo and banner do not stick out like in firefox. However, IE's solution to this is by cutting off a bit of the banner.
RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by steVenB on 04-12-2005 at 09:02 PM

I also noticed with firefox is when you access your hotmail and want to send attachments, the add pics selection isn't there. Hopefully Firefox can get around these issues in the future.

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by user35870 on 04-12-2005 at 09:10 PM

I think to send attacments with hotmail you need an Active X Controller and firefox doesn't support Active X .

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by ProblemWv Authority on 04-12-2005 at 09:13 PM

I think what he means when talking about the photo album is that in Firefox you do not see the album as a slide show as in Internet Explorer.

RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by RaceProUK on 04-12-2005 at 10:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ProblemWv Authority
I think what he means when talking about the photo album is that in Firefox you do not see the album as a slide show as in Internet Explorer.
Because IE supports ActiveX and Firefox doesn't.
I don't want to see FF gain ActiveX support - too many security issues.
RE: Firefox and MSN spaces by rav0 on 04-13-2005 at 08:28 AM

The Messenger Plus! banner is wider than the column it's in should be. Different browsers will deal with this differently, no boubt Microsoft coded MSN Spaces so it would work in Interner Explorer, but fail in others. Take a look at how the screenshot you posted stretches the forum display.

ActiveX has always been Internet Explorer only. That's why Windows Update works only in IE, it's powered by an ActiveX control, as is the Hotmail picture attacher or whatever it's called that can resize your pictures in the browser window. There is no real need for ActiveX, and Firefox won't be bringing in support for it, thanks to Microsoft swiping the patent to it with some clever wording.