Shoutbox

MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... (/showthread.php?tid=42690)

MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by aNILEator on 04-13-2005 at 07:59 AM

Yes you heard me right Messenger Discovery for MSN Messenger 7 has been released and you know what?

I've just tested all of its features and 5 worked....great job ecko_complex  (N)

www.msgdiscovery.com

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Ahmad on 04-13-2005 at 08:20 AM

is it safe to install or what?

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by user44571 on 04-13-2005 at 08:58 AM

im downloading now, is it ok to use?

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by RaceProUK on 04-13-2005 at 08:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Fukafly
and 5 worked
I tried it this morning, and none worked. I know ecko_complex didn't guarantee anything, but I expected there to be something different at least i.e. get into the options page.
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by trini on 04-13-2005 at 09:34 AM

With MD3 I get disconnected in every 30 seconds :s

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by J.J on 04-13-2005 at 10:57 AM

quote:
I've just tested all of its features and 5 worked

Crappy addon :dodgy:

I only ever tryed it once and i uninstalled it after the first 10 minutes i got it :undecided:
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by aNILEator on 04-13-2005 at 11:21 AM

I was expecting it to live up to the hype he created about it a few months ago and have the features he mentioned.

eg webcam recording and such.

But its exactly the same as all the other Messenger Discovery editions and its just as crap.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by user44571 on 04-13-2005 at 11:23 AM

bah, as soon as i installed msn kept kicking me out and i  ran low on recourses(N)

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Tourist on 04-13-2005 at 01:10 PM

Ecko has let a lot of people down these past months, Seriously thinking about uninstalling it. No new features what so ever. Boring!

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by user44571 on 04-13-2005 at 01:13 PM

why is it, that ever since i installed it msn keeps losing connection and signing me out

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by stuartbennett on 04-13-2005 at 01:23 PM

when i first heard about messengerdiscovery was shortly after msn messenger 7 betas first became available, so in all my time that i have known of messengerdiscovery's existance it has never worked for me, as until now it has never been compatable with msn messenger 7. looking at it after installing this new version it still seems to not be compatable with messenger 7. i hope ecko releases a compatable version soon.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Jerriej on 04-13-2005 at 01:30 PM

As Ecko's last news post says, MD3 is compatible with MSN 7.0, and so it is. But not what I expected from it, I always liked MD3 for MSN 6.x, and I thought it was going to be so for MSN 7.0. I'm kind of dissapointed in Ecko, and I'm probably not the only one. I know that he's working hard for it, etcetera. But I kind of, don't like the new MD version. x_x

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Tourist on 04-13-2005 at 02:08 PM

Forums have been down for weeks, we are hardly getting any feedback from Ecko. No wonder all the users are getting annoyed.

Main question is "Where are the new features?" What a load of b*llocks!

RE: RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by trini on 04-13-2005 at 05:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trini
With MD3 I get disconnected in every 30 seconds :s

It's working now. And the most important option for me - opend window notifier is working too (y). So goodbye Stuffplug-NG, I'm going to stay with MD :d
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by user35870 on 04-13-2005 at 05:12 PM

It doesn't seem to be able to find my msn messenger the options is  greyed out.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by hmaster on 04-13-2005 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ecko_complex
MessengerDiscovery 3 MSN Messenger 7 Compatible!
April 13th, 2005 by ecko_complex

Great news!

After a few days of working with my beta testing team, we have been able to diagnose how to get MessengerDiscovery 3 compatible with MSN Messenger 7,

We’ve done it! Although not 100% guaranteed MesseengerDiscovery 3 is now MSN Messenger 7 compatible!

You will need to download a new version of MessengerDiscovery and install it after installing MSN Messenger 7.

Download the MSN Messenger 7 compatible MessengerDiscovery.

Peace out, ecko_complex B).

Update 12am NZST
There was a bug in the new proxying system, an upgrade is advised.

Its coz theres a bug, its not teh final version :/!
RE: RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Tourist on 04-13-2005 at 05:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chris100
It doesn't seem to be able to find my msn messenger the options pis greyed out.

Make sure your signed in.. If it doesn't work when signed in then try signing out then back in.

If no luck then re-install MD
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by trini on 04-13-2005 at 05:46 PM

Perfect, it supports polygamy now.
2 bugs I found this far - I left the 'set received display picture as mine' box unchecked but it still puts the picture as mine; and in event log window if you select 'delete item', it wont. All other options seems to work fine.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by user35870 on 04-13-2005 at 05:49 PM

I have tryed reintalling but still no luck my firewall is giving it full acess

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Y2Pdogg on 04-13-2005 at 06:39 PM

Tried it, deleted it. Nothing new, Nothing special

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by LuL_TeX on 04-13-2005 at 08:36 PM

since i installed keeps signin me off 2..

how do i fix this??

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by stuartbennett on 04-13-2005 at 09:30 PM

i just sent in to messengerdiscovery by email a message explaining my problem to them detailing the methods of resolution i have tried and stating that if messengerdiscovery is not yet compatible with msn messenger 7 as ecko complex claims it to be then they are in violation of advertising stanards as it is effectively false advertising and if that proves to be the case that i will contact the proper authorities who will in turn sue them for damages.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Purity on 04-13-2005 at 10:56 PM

quote:
email a message explaining my problem to them detailing the methods of resolution i have tried and stating that if messengerdiscovery is not yet compatible with
That was not a problem with MD :dodgy:

Everyone thought it did because msn had problems roughly around the same time it was announced....
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by eckocomplex on 04-14-2005 at 05:15 AM

I just got referred to this thread.

A lot of people have been complaining about MSN Messenger 7 compatibility, and now that I've done all I can it's still not good enough.

Here's what I'm going to do;

I'm going to rename MessengerDiscovery to "MSGPLUSDISCOVERY ! LOL1!1". It will work 100% and you can 1337 h4>< and fl00d ppl and shit lol it will be fuckn mint sweet. Keep your eyez out 4 it!

PS: Crappy addon? How about justification? Or even better compare it to YOUR attempt at making a MSN Messenger addon.

PPS: I'm not actually angry, just laughing at the people with one-sided opinions who think their voices are herd. Sadly, they won't be able to handle it.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by banky on 04-14-2005 at 05:55 AM

Go you eckocomplex :P lol personally i find msgdiscovery great yes plus is far advanced but then agian its been around longer.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by eckocomplex on 04-14-2005 at 06:01 AM

The Don, if only there were more people like you.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by banky on 04-14-2005 at 06:03 AM

w00tage :P lol thanks

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Ahmad on 04-14-2005 at 06:08 AM

Yea, so the options was grayed out, so I signed out and then back in, the options was still grayed out, now there is nothing because I have uninstalled it, sorry :)

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by banky on 04-14-2005 at 06:22 AM

whats your operating system.

RE: RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by trini on 04-14-2005 at 06:34 AM

quote:
2 bugs I found this far - I left the 'set received display picture as mine' box unchecked but it still puts the picture as mine; and in event log window if you select 'delete item', it wont. All other options seems to work fine.

One more bug - when trying to set in Tools-Options-Phone "Allow people on my contact list to send messages to my phone" the msn nick-name is changeing to "Y" :P The option remains unchecked 8-)
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by stuartbennett on 04-14-2005 at 07:26 AM

hey ecko complex. don't get me wrong i like messengerdiscovery i managed to get it working at 1 point a very long time ago back in version 2 it worked for about a day then i wasn't able to ever use it again, so i know it is a good program i am just very upset that as much as i would like to be able to use it i can't because the options seem to remain forever greyed out i tried signing out then back in that didnt work so i tried uninstalling then reinstalling that didnt work either any suggestions my friend?

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by banky on 04-14-2005 at 07:27 AM

What operating system you on and what version of msn.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by stuartbennett on 04-14-2005 at 07:36 AM

i am running msn messenger 7.0.0777 on windows xp pro sp2

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by banky on 04-14-2005 at 07:49 AM

hmm have you go the latest version of msgdiscovery?

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by aNILEator on 04-14-2005 at 08:47 AM

I wanna know why he promised new features then nothing came of it.

RE: RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Screeny on 04-14-2005 at 08:56 AM

quote:
I wanna know why he promised new features then nothing came of it.

That's a good quesition.
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by stuartbennett on 04-14-2005 at 09:15 AM

i am running messengerdiscovery 3 build 3004. now then it is possible that on the announcement he was talking about a new beta but if thats the case and the beta is compatible with messenger 7 and has all these promised features then when did ecko make a link entitled "download messengerdiscovery compatible with messenger 7" and link it to the current 3004 build that was released in january?

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Tourist on 04-14-2005 at 09:16 AM

Ecko, people are just bit annoyed because you promised new features and no-one has heard anything more about it.. also what is going on with your forums? Been down for weeks now, so no users can comunicate and explain their problems.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by stuartbennett on 04-14-2005 at 09:57 AM

i just reinstalled messengerdiscovery 3 again this time by running it from the website instead of saving it first and it now appears to be woking fine.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Purity on 04-14-2005 at 10:15 PM

I don't think me or any of the MD stadd will be releasing the features that he had planned on doing.....it would just piss people off more and cause some confusion and stuff... you guys know how that all is... :-/

It was discussed on the MD forums modererating forum....

RE: RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Tourist on 04-14-2005 at 10:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
I don't think me or any of the MD stadd will be releasing the features that he had planned on doing.....it would just piss people off more and cause some confusion and stuff... you guys know how that all is... :-/

It was discussed on the MD forums modererating forum....

That doesn't surprise me. What a let down... Plus! all the way!
RE: RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by linx05 on 04-15-2005 at 06:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
i just sent in to messengerdiscovery by email a message explaining my problem to them detailing the methods of resolution i have tried and stating that if messengerdiscovery is not yet compatible with msn messenger 7 as ecko complex claims it to be then they are in violation of advertising stanards as it is effectively false advertising and if that proves to be the case that i will contact the proper authorities who will in turn sue them for damages.

You get my vote for loser of the month! (Y)

Sure there are some problems atm with MD, but I have confidence in ecko to fix them.

Btw, the "uninstaller deleting startup entries" is still there.

Keep it up ecko! And may Aussies always beat the hell out of the All Blacks! :P
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Stigmata on 04-15-2005 at 06:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by linx05

he's right though...
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by linx05 on 04-15-2005 at 06:34 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Stigmata
quote:
Originally posted by linx05

he's right though...
Yeah but sue for damages? lol. What a laugh!
RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Stigmata on 04-15-2005 at 06:36 AM

you know the currupt world we live in nowerdays..

day time tv is cluttered with ads to sue your boss etc etc

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by linx05 on 04-15-2005 at 06:39 AM

Not here. What country do you live in? America?

Let's get this thread back to topic

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Stigmata on 04-15-2005 at 06:41 AM

United Kingdom.

My views on messengerdiscovery...

i was displeased with this release. he seems like he is holding back some things ;) that he showed me in private.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by aNILEator on 04-15-2005 at 08:17 AM

some give me a poke when a better version comes out |-)

* aNILEator tucks MD safely in the recycle bin *Night night installer*

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Tourist on 04-15-2005 at 09:25 AM

I doubt a better version will be out for months now.. It's simple.. Ecko mentioned new features (which sounded great) many months ago.. But he hasn't even told us if their gonna be released or not. It's a good program it's just slacking a lot these past months.

EDIT: And now MD is stopping me from signing in!

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by adam.yao on 04-15-2005 at 10:03 AM

McaFee report adware

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by Purity on 04-15-2005 at 01:25 PM

You probably installed the optional sponsor.

RE: MD 3 for MSN 7 released..... by -rafy- on 04-18-2005 at 02:44 PM

Yeah i installed MD3 and ended up uninstalling it 10 minutes later, still has alot of bugs to iron out......probally shouldnt have being released on msn7 untill it was tested.