Shoutbox

Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. (/showthread.php?tid=42699)

Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by xpirdwingz on 04-13-2005 at 12:21 PM

Hey, can anyone advise me about my monitor? Since last night when I switched it off, its been making this fuzzy sound, and when I switched the computer on, the whole screen is, err quivering, i guess..it still is. What is this? is there a solution to stop it? ~thanks in advance :)~

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by RaceProUK on 04-13-2005 at 12:34 PM

Is there a degauss button/option in the OSD? You may want to give that a try.

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by xpirdwingz on 04-13-2005 at 12:38 PM

I thought i did, it seems i dont! whats the demagnetisation option? is there anything else i can do?
[edit] oh its the same thing! i tried it, but doesnt work :(

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by xpirdwingz on 04-13-2005 at 12:45 PM

No i got it, sorry had to edit my msg previously. I read that it may have something to do with other electrical sources or something?

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by Wabz on 04-13-2005 at 01:18 PM

Turn down your refresh rate

Its quite likely your monitor is struggling also check your connections between the monitor and the pc

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by xpirdwingz on 04-13-2005 at 01:21 PM

No, my refresh rate was at its lowest to start with- when i turned it up, its better than before, but the whole screen is still shaky. What do you mean about the connections?

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by Savior on 04-13-2005 at 03:52 PM

Your monitor may be on the fritz and you may need a brand new one.

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by matty on 04-13-2005 at 04:07 PM

Does it do this only in Windows or during POST to? (POST being when you first turn on the computer the startup routine where it lists all your  drives and such.)

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by xpirdwingz on 04-13-2005 at 06:54 PM

The whole duration of the monitor being switched on. Not to worry though, even if you did have a solution, we already ordered a new monitor. The sounds coming from inside it don't sound very pleasant lol

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by mwe99 on 04-13-2005 at 07:00 PM

This may sound simple and i don't wish to insult your intelligence but are all the wires and cables firmly plugged in?

And did you install any programs the night before it happened?

RE: Fuzzy screen, weird noise out of monitor.. by xpirdwingz on 04-13-2005 at 08:33 PM

Well, this monitor has been running for well over a year or so.. no, i havent installed anything