Shoutbox

Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users (/showthread.php?tid=42702)

Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by TheMusicPirate on 04-13-2005 at 12:38 PM

The Recording Industry Association of America announced late yesterday that it will be filing suits against 405 students who used the super-fast “Internet2” connection to download and distribute pirated music amongst 18 different colleges.     
    “Internet2” is a network set-up being used by colleges to research the next generation Internet. When initially demonstrated, the creators of the network downloaded a DVD-quality copy of “The Matrix” in just thirty seconds.     
    The suits will be filed today. The Motion Picture Association of America also announced that it will be filing federal suits against Internet2 users, but failed to disclose an official figure. Internet2 is not widely accessible to the public.

SOURCE: http://www.shortnews.com

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by BEWARE^^ on 04-13-2005 at 12:43 PM

are there other site where its makred like that

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by Millenium_edition on 04-13-2005 at 12:47 PM

typically RIAA... sad

RE: RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by TheMusicPirate on 04-13-2005 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by BEWARE^^

sorry, i don't know what ou mean.
RE: RE: RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by BEWARE^^ on 04-13-2005 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JackSparrow
quote:

srry if i wasnt clear: are there any other sites where its been written
RE: RE: RE: RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by TheMusicPirate on 04-13-2005 at 01:16 PM

quote:
quote:
quote:

srry if i wasnt clear: are there any other sites where its been written

not thati know of.

but i try this site--->>>>http://www.digg.com
RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by BEWARE^^ on 04-13-2005 at 02:22 PM

k thnx
http://www.digg.com

:)

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by tomfletcherman on 04-13-2005 at 05:44 PM

www.pcpro.co.uk It says theu have given them a warning. How'd they find out anyway, I'd want to keep that hush hush;)

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by albert on 04-13-2005 at 05:48 PM

quote:
When initially demonstrated, the creators of the network downloaded a DVD-quality copy of “The Matrix” in just thirty seconds.     
    SOURCE: http://www.shortnews.com

30 SECONDS :| DAMN!

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by Savior on 04-13-2005 at 06:21 PM

I wanna be an internet2 user but not get sued :)

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by BEWARE^^ on 04-13-2005 at 06:32 PM

well thats just a gigbite connection and yea then you can load a whole matrix film in 30 seconds yes ;)

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by lizard.boy on 04-13-2005 at 08:42 PM

it would be nice if the riaa could prove that they wernt breaking privacy laws by telling people how they traced these people.

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by Jhrono on 04-13-2005 at 08:50 PM

quote:
DVD-quality copy of “The Matrix” in just thirty seconds.

are you bullshiting me?The uploading servers must be too good for that...
RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by marissa on 04-13-2005 at 08:53 PM

hm, i wish i had internet2 for just that reason...i mean...those bad bad people :dodgy:

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by WDZ on 04-14-2005 at 04:29 AM

Hmm... I remember reading this news, but not this thread... oh right, Neowin... :rolleyes:

I was surprised that the download times were so short... either they were downloading from other Internet2 users, or from many regular peers at once (well-seeded torrent maybe)... :p

I wouldn't want Internet2 unless I got some new 200gb hard drives... :pound:

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by Purity on 04-14-2005 at 04:38 AM

WHERE DO I GET IT!! I'm serious, i don't give a shit if i get sued it would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it! :drool:

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by Pipish on 04-14-2005 at 09:46 AM

matrix in 30 seconds :| i want that :|

* Pipish remembers for next birthday wish

RE: Music Industry to Sue Hundreds of Internet2 Users by Weyzza on 04-15-2005 at 05:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Purity
WHERE DO I GET IT!! I'm serious, i don't give a shit if i get sued it would be soooooooooooooooooooooooo worth it! :drool:
Don't be silly! :tongue:

Just something to share to all of you.

I just read my school newspaper today, and I found out that there were 20+ students in my school who would get the suits.

The connection is so fast because it has a closed nature of environment, just like LAN connection in your house, except this has a wider range, which is school.

Students think that nobody will have access to get the info who share files and so on.

In my newspaper, the publisher of i2hub defended themselves that the purpose of this file-sharing program was to share lecture notes, homework assignment, etc., but it was misused to share copyrighted files.

So Pipish, wait 'til at least 4 years to get the connection :p