Shoutbox

No sound when word filtering is on - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Bug Reports (/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+----- Thread: No sound when word filtering is on (/showthread.php?tid=42705)

No sound when word filtering is on by awx on 04-13-2005 at 01:40 PM

Maybe itsa bug: i'm using last editions of Messenger and Plus!, WinXP /w SP2, and the problem is - when the word filtering feature is on in Plus!, and i'm filtering the word "says:", then i can't here emoticon sounds. When i send or recieve these sounds, i see only message "Messenger Plus! sound, code {} blabla" . When the word filtering feature is off, then i can hear all sounds, and messages are normal.
Filtering other words doesn't cause any problems.

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by RaceProUK on 04-13-2005 at 02:55 PM

Answer

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by awx on 04-13-2005 at 03:07 PM

sorry (A) i just found it myself. thanks :)

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by stuartbennett on 04-13-2005 at 05:14 PM

i have a similar bug. i tryed playing the emotion sounds yesterday but when i sent them i didn't hear anything. (yes my sound was turned on, and no my pc's volume wasn't muted.) i even went into the sound manager selected a sound and clicked the preview button and still i got no sound. when i read this thread i thought ok maybe i have filtring enabled and that might be the cause, but i just checked i do NOT have filtering enabled at all and yet i still cannot play my emotion sounds. as a quick experiment i even tried using the old emotion sounds to see if it was only the sound packs that had the problem, unfortunately the problem is affecting all emotion sounds i am not sure whether this problem has occured since installing 3.51 or whether they just stopped working cause of installing the sound packs but i know emotion sounds worked fine for me on plus 3.50. any suggestions?

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by RaceProUK on 04-13-2005 at 05:18 PM

Check you have the sounds turned on in Plus's preferences.

RE: RE: No sound when word filtering is on by stuartbennett on 04-13-2005 at 05:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by raceprouk
Check you have the sounds turned on in Plus's preferences.

yes i checked my plus preferences the sounds are turned on and still no change.
RE: No sound when word filtering is on by puncket on 04-13-2005 at 07:06 PM

I have the same problem as stuartbennett, my contacts can hear the emotion sound but i can't, even in the playback preview.
All my sound preferences r checked.:(

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by mwe99 on 04-13-2005 at 07:16 PM

You need Allow built in sounds to be played ticked etc which you say you have

Which Plus! version are you running? There was an update the other day

RE: RE: No sound when word filtering is on by stuartbennett on 04-13-2005 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mwe99
You need Allow built in sounds to be played ticked etc which you say you have

Which Plus! version are you running? There was an update the other day

all my sound options are ticked my configuration is as follows:

msn messenger 7.0.0777 final
messenger plus 3.51.128
stuffplug 2.2.47
mess patch 7.0.0777
windows xp pro sp2 pre-installed
RE: No sound when word filtering is on by RaceProUK on 04-13-2005 at 11:12 PM

Do sounds play in other applications? If so, then change the codec in Plus's settings. If not, then try updating your soundcard drivers.

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by stuartbennett on 04-14-2005 at 07:06 AM

yes i can play windows media player and hear the songs fine i can hear sounds in other applications fine. so how do i change the codec then?

EDIT:

i have found a solution to my problem on the help page at http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php look at the registry entry below.

HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences
SoundPeakLevel
dword

This value is used to normalize the volume of sounds played by Messenger Plus! (including custom sounds). It represents a percentage relative to the maximum volume of a sound and ranges from 1 to 100. If 0, volume normalization is disabled.

by going to that part of the registry in regedit and adding a new dword entry of SoundPeakLevel and setting the value to 70 in decimal it seems to have solved my problems i can now hear my sounds perfectly. i hope this helps puncket who was also having the same problem. thanks for your help everyone.

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by RaceProUK on 04-14-2005 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by puncket
I have the same problem as stuartbennett, my contacts can hear the emotion sound but i can't, even in the playback preview.
All my sound preferences r checked.:(
quote:
Originally posted by stuartbennett
HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\your@email.com\Preferences
SoundPeakLevel
dword

This value is used to normalize the volume of sounds played by Messenger Plus! (including custom sounds). It represents a percentage relative to the maximum volume of a sound and ranges from 1 to 100. If 0, volume normalization is disabled.

by going to that part of the registry in regedit and adding a new dword entry of SoundPeakLevel and setting the value to 70 in decimal it seems to have solved my problems i can now hear my sounds perfectly. i hope this helps puncket who was also having the same problem. thanks for your help everyone.
If you don't want to go editing the Registry manually puncket, you can see if Plus! Tweak has been updated for 3.5x yet.
RE: No sound when word filtering is on by puncket on 04-16-2005 at 02:42 AM

Thanks stuartbennett i going to try it right away!:D

RE: No sound when word filtering is on by stuartbennett on 04-16-2005 at 10:15 AM

glad i could help puncket. also you can simply download messenger plus tweak for 3.52 and it will do the registry editing for you all you got to do is run the tweak select your hotmail addy from the dropdown and scroll to the setting sound peaklvel and set it to 70 there and it will do it all for ya.