Shoutbox

Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Skype & Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+----- Thread: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? (/showthread.php?tid=42731)

Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by robochief on 04-13-2005 at 08:19 PM

Are they fully compatible with each other?
MSN Messenger 7.0.0777
Messenger Plus! 3.51.128
Messenger Discovery 3

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by Joa on 04-13-2005 at 08:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by robochief
Are they fully compatible with each other?
MSN Messenger 7.0.0777
Messenger Plus! 3.51.128
Messenger Discovery 3

i'm trying it out right now, and so far i had no problems with it.
RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by brian on 04-13-2005 at 08:20 PM

Yes indeed they are, MsgPlus latest version (3.51.128) is compatible with MSN7 (7.0.0777), Messenger Discovery is compatible too because it uses a proxy, and another API, so no confusion. They are compatible. :)

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by King For A Day on 04-13-2005 at 08:37 PM

i just used discoverey for the first time and its horrible!!!

i was trying the settings and i set it to open the window when its opoend by the contact and now im gettin costant messeges saying calling ...@...com etc i cant be arsed changin em but i so far dont like the program and am now unistalling its crappy and anoying as far as im concerned

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by Supersonicdarky on 04-13-2005 at 09:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Messenger Discovery FAQ
Will MessengerDiscovery affect any other add-ons such as Messenger Plus!?

MessengerDiscovery does not interfere with any other add-ons. It will not disable or change their settings in any way. Exclusively is Messenger Plus!. Messenger Plus! is in fact recommended as it gives a better interface to some user actions (such as "User has left").

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by robochief on 04-13-2005 at 09:52 PM

Does the "openconvo" in Messenger Discovery works correctly?
Or does it notify you also when other contacts get your DP?

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by Joa on 04-13-2005 at 09:57 PM

quote:

:-/ read cookie's reply to openconvo notifiers in MSN 7. here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38...d=379129#pid379129

and here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28...d=389597#pid389597

i assume that it is not entirely reliable. i don't believe any openconvo notifier is, with msn 7, for that matter ;)
RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by Tourist on 04-13-2005 at 10:02 PM

quote:

It's not 100% correct, like all notifiers.

Whenever someones talks to me I always see their e-mail address flash up saying they've opened my window. So that's good enough for me. I couldn't get Wouter's openconvo plug-in to work.
RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by robochief on 04-13-2005 at 10:41 PM

My doubt is if it also tells you that a contact has opened a conversation with you, even if he/she didn't (just getting your DP).

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by Tourist on 04-13-2005 at 10:46 PM

How does someone get your DP without opening convo box? I know they can see it when they view contact card of course.

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by Joa on 04-13-2005 at 10:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Joa

read cookie's reply to openconvo notifiers here:
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28...d=389597#pid389597

here is a quote from the thread i posted a link to above:

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
it will still function, although the reported messages must be interpreted by you (this is due the way msn messenger 7 works, more info on that can be found in various thread). eg: you'll recieve an "opened window" message when you first sign in for some people. They didn't opened a window with you though, it is their msn messenger 7 which requests an update on your DP.... This means the messages aren't always correct, but with the right interpretation, you can easly pick the ones out which are valid.

There is no other method available to detect "opened windows", this is the only way...

quote:
Originally posted by CookieRevised
Every other possible plugin/addon/whatever which has such a feature will use exactly the same method as used by OpenConvo, there is no other way...

Also see my previous post about this, in this thread (it helps btw if you read the entire thread before posting stuff): http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28...d=315737#pid315737

Edit:

quote:
Originally posted by Tourist
I couldn't get Wouter's openconvo plug-in to work
try my solution to it, and see if it works ;)
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=38...d=378663#pid378663
RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by robochief on 04-13-2005 at 11:03 PM

Than that means there isn't and won't be any plug-in that notifies 100% correctly the "user has opened a conversation with you", right? ^o)

RE: Are MsgPlus! and msgdiscovery compatible? by Joa on 04-13-2005 at 11:05 PM

quote:
Than that means there isn't and won't be any plug-in that notifies 100% correctly the "user has opened a conversation with you", right?

yep :cheesy: because of the way that msn 7 works.

but you still get notified everytime a person opens a conversation window with you. you will just sometimes get extra notifications for reasons stated in the post above.