Shoutbox

Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? (/showthread.php?tid=42732)

Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? by Kutha on 04-13-2005 at 08:21 PM

Hello people

I was talking to a friend of mine and appaaaaarently there's this new messenger (that uses your msn passport/acct) which has all these features like: being able to see if people have clicked on your name and opened a conversation window, seen your profile/browsed your photo albums, etc. etc.

Has anyone heard of this? Does anyone know what it is called/where one can download it?

Thanks a lot,

mc

RE: Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? by King For A Day on 04-13-2005 at 08:41 PM

hmmm sounds a bit sus to me, i cant see how it can do the profile thing but some of those features apear to be in messenger discovery
download here:

http://www.msgdiscovery.com/

i cant say i think its great but as i dont belive that you will ever come back to read that doesnt matter

RE: Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? by Joa on 04-13-2005 at 08:44 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Kutha
being able to see if people have clicked on your name and opened a conversation window, seen your profile/browsed your photo albums

you can use messenger discovery for open-convo detection like King For A Day suggested.

or wouter's open convo notifier.
http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=28166&page=1

BUT, there is no way (that i know of, or read about anywhere) to find out who entered your msn space/profile and what they did there like for instance if they viewed your photo album.
RE: Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? by trini on 04-13-2005 at 09:09 PM

wouter's open convo notifier does'nt work for me anymore (the last version it did work with was 7.0.0425), but messenger discovery works perfictly with msn 7 final (Y)
to see who visited your msn space, open settings-statistics

RE: Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? by Joa on 04-13-2005 at 09:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by trini
wouter's open convo notifier does'nt work for me anymore
:-/ it still works very well for me. on the latest build of MSN.

quote:
to see who visited your msn space, open settings-statistics
.. it only shows you the stats. so for instance how many times your space has been visited. it does not show you who visited it.

i don't think there is a way to show WHO visited your space, though. unless i am wrong :S
RE: RE: Has anybody ever heard of that new Messenger/add in? by trini on 04-14-2005 at 06:54 PM

quote:
wouter's open convo notifier does'nt work for me anymore
:-/ it still works very well for me. on the latest build of MSN.

Thanks for the info :) I guess I just have to reinstall it and give it another try - it's better then MD 'cause it's having a sound notification.