Shoutbox

Powerpoint question - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: Powerpoint question (/showthread.php?tid=42743)

Powerpoint question by paperless on 04-13-2005 at 11:19 PM

Hey there!.

I need to make a powerpoint presentation for school but i need somebody to answer some questions:

- I am going to use video and music files, but what hapens is it is not imported directly to the powerpoint file but it is kinda linked so it only plays on my computer because it acts like if it was redirecting the video to the presentation instaed of playing directly from there.
What can i do to be able to play the music and video files on the computer at my school? How can i do it if i pass the files to a cd with the presentation?

- What about the fonts? If i use a font that isnt on the computer at my school?

Cya i really ened help :P

RE: Powerpoint question by MC.POP on 04-13-2005 at 11:34 PM

maybe u should copy the sounds /videos/fonts to a file with the presentation.
EDIT: like create a folder put the presentation in it along with the sounds/videos/fonts.

RE: Powerpoint question by mwe99 on 04-13-2005 at 11:54 PM

You could embed the music and videos, but as MC.POP suggested use a file structure on the CD such as:

Data>Movies>Moviename.mpeg

Don't forget to update your links before copying it to a CD though.

RE: Powerpoint question by paperless on 04-14-2005 at 01:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Gary
it would NOT work at your school's pc

yeah thats what im tlaking about i thought about that beffore as well...
RE: Powerpoint question by RaceProUK on 04-14-2005 at 02:43 PM

You should be able to set up relative links i.e. instead of having C:\stuff\blah\presentation\movies\moviename.mpg you have .movies\moviename.mpg.

RE: Powerpoint question by Chris.1 on 04-14-2005 at 02:59 PM

Or you could simply put the video file in the same directory and include it using filename.mpg.

If the computer you play the presentation on doesn't have the fonts needed, it will try to substitute them with other ones. If you are using a non-standard font, I would recommend making an image out of the text and including the image - this will mean the presentation will look the same as it does on your computer.