Shoutbox

MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) (/showthread.php?tid=42755)

MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by .blade// on 04-14-2005 at 03:46 AM

Is there a hack/mod/option available to enable front page news with integrated accounts in MyBB similar to Vbb? An example is at http://www.psplounge.com/

Thanks! :)

RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by banky on 04-14-2005 at 04:36 AM

dude post this on www.mybboard.com/community not here :refuck:

RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by Dempsey on 04-14-2005 at 08:21 AM

you can use the portal as your frontpage and then have that pull news from a specified forum

RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by Stigmata on 04-14-2005 at 01:28 PM

http://www.mybbmods.com

RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by .blade// on 04-14-2005 at 05:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dempsey
you can use the portal as your frontpage and then have that pull news from a specified forum

That worked :P

Now I'm having troubles with toplinks_ templates :P
RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by Dempsey on 04-14-2005 at 05:52 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blade
That worked :p
good :)
quote:
Now I'm having troubles with toplinks_ templates :p
what sort of problems?
RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by .blade// on 04-14-2005 at 05:57 PM

quote:
what sort of problems?

I can't find where to define new toplinks (e.g. I can find where to modify what's contained in the toplinks, but not where to define the "toplinks_xxxxxx")

Btw, thx for the help :P
RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by Dempsey on 04-14-2005 at 06:42 PM

if you want to add new toplinks, you have to modiy all three toplinks templates and add the new link into each

RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by .blade// on 04-14-2005 at 06:46 PM

quote:
if you want to add new toplinks, you have to modiy all three toplinks templates and add the new link into each

Yes, I know, but it won't let you create a new "toplin_xxx" - you have to enter a manual name.
RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by Dempsey on 04-14-2005 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Yes, I know, but it won't let you create a new "toplin_xxx" - you have to enter a manual name.

i don't get what you mean.  Do you want to add a new toplinks_xxx template or add some more links to the exisitng templates?
RE: MyBB news hack? (Chris Boulton would prob. know best :P) by .blade// on 04-14-2005 at 06:50 PM

Nvm, I figured out a temp. solution :P Thanks for the help