Shoutbox

Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Messenger Plus! for Live Messenger (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Forum: WLM Plus! Help (/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+----- Thread: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) (/showthread.php?tid=42763)

Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by gorro on 04-14-2005 at 09:07 AM

Can someone plz help me? My gf cannot hear any msgplus sound that usually hears if she's idle and the screen becomes black cause idle for power consumoption.
Normally she can hear msgplus sounds, basic and custom ones. The problem happens only when the screen of her pc becomes idle cause savescreen/powerconumption.

RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by John Anderton on 04-14-2005 at 09:15 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gorro
Picachu help
Why r u calling a pokemon character :S
quote:
Normally she can hear msgplus sounds, basic and custom ones. The problem happens only when the screen of her pc becomes idle cause savescreen/powerconumption.
Does her pc go into hibernation ??? If so then she cant listen to the sounds.
RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by RaceProUK on 04-14-2005 at 10:40 AM

quote:
Picachu
[Image: pikachu.gif]
Anyway, if the PC is idle, it's usually because no-one's using it, so I wouldn't necessarily consider this a bug.
RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by gorro on 04-14-2005 at 12:33 PM

I meant Patchou, sorry :$
What u mean for hibernation?? She does't hibernate the pc, simply after 20 min, as the most part of PCs after screen savers the scren becomes black, to save itself. Only in that condition she cannot hear any sound.

RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(id by RaceProUK on 04-14-2005 at 01:12 PM

More accurately, the PC is turning off certain hardware to save power. If the PC is set to turn off the hard disks, Plus can no longer access the sounds without restarting them, which can only be done by bringing the PC out of standby.

Edit:
[Image: patchou_pika_nana.gif]

RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by gorro on 04-14-2005 at 04:39 PM

Well, first it works at me even if I have the black screen.
Second she has NOT power savign of hard drives.
Third it worked with previous veriosn of msn 7.0 beta and msgplus beta.

RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by mwe99 on 04-14-2005 at 04:41 PM

Sounds can't be heard unless you enable the option to hear sounds while status is busy

Maybe this won't let her hear the sounds?

RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by Patchou on 04-14-2005 at 05:05 PM

The latest versions of Messenger Plus! play their sounds only when the current user is properly logged in, if her computer locks her station when she's idle (which is a normal procedure after some time), then this behaviour is normal.

fortuantely for you, if shewants tohear the sounds even when her station is locked, she can use the PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn advanced setting. Go to http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php , download Plus! Tweak and set PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn to true, it should take care of the problem :).

RE: RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by gorro on 04-14-2005 at 09:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Patchou
The latest versions of Messenger Plus! play their sounds only when the current user is properly logged in, if her computer locks her station when she's idle (which is a normal procedure after some time), then this behaviour is normal.

fortuantely for you, if shewants tohear the sounds even when her station is locked, she can use the PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn advanced setting. Go to http://www.msgplus.net/help_registry.php , download Plus! Tweak and set PlaySoundsNotLoggedIn to true, it should take care of the problem :).

Thanks for answering :), but why I don't have this problem on black screen(I do hear sounds) and I have never thouched my registry?
RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by jren207 on 04-14-2005 at 10:27 PM

You might be mistaking the "turn off monitor" setting which turns off your graphics card after a cetain amount of minutes set in the power options. I can hear my sounds too when the that option is set.

RE: RE: Picachu help! Msgplus sounds cannot be heard by the mate if she's black screen(idle) by gorro on 04-15-2005 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jren207
You might be mistaking the "turn off monitor" setting which turns off your graphics card after a cetain amount of minutes set in the power options. I can hear my sounds too when the that option is set.

Yes I mean that, and my gf has that option too but she cannot hear sounds :|