Shoutbox

[Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help - Printable Version

-Shoutbox (https://shoutbox.menthix.net)
+-- Forum: MsgHelp Archive (/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+--- Forum: Skype & Technology (/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Tech Talk (/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+----- Thread: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help (/showthread.php?tid=42771)

[Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by RaceProUK on 04-14-2005 at 01:29 PM

I've got the basics in place (I can find out if a user is using Custom Names in Messenger, that was easy). All I need to do now is figure out how to get the right key from HKCU\Software\Patchou\MsgPlus2\<email>\Contacts so I can get the right Custom Name.
Screeny attached to show what I mean:
[Image: attachment.php?pid=439636]

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by RaceProUK on 04-17-2005 at 12:13 PM

No-one?

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by absorbation on 04-17-2005 at 12:15 PM

Wow that's a good feature you should send an e-mail to patch for help ;)

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by RaceProUK on 04-17-2005 at 08:06 PM

I may do actually: doesn't hurt to try.

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by Dempsey on 04-17-2005 at 08:10 PM

yea you just need to find out how thy are encrpyted or whatever and only Patchou knows that i would think

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by RaceProUK on 04-26-2005 at 12:56 PM

Tried both e-mailing and PMing Patchou: no reply as yet. At one point, I thought it may be Base64, but it isn't.

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by Dempsey on 04-26-2005 at 01:08 PM

well he's away at the moment, so when he gets back, he'll work through his emails and I'm sure you'll get a reply then.

And i don't think he reads PMs he gets too many.

And i guess Patchou would use his own encyption routine, rather than using a common one such as Base64 which could easily be decoded.

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by TazDevil on 06-16-2005 at 12:29 PM

so has anyone cracked up this thing.... ?

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by segosa on 06-16-2005 at 01:05 PM

I doubt Patchou will tell us. It's encrypted so contacts' e-mails are not visible by anyone on the system.

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by RaceProUK on 06-16-2005 at 01:48 PM

Nice to see this thread resurrected :S

Anyway, I did ask Patchou (well, TB asked on my behalf). The answer was 'No', for security reasons. I decided not to push the matter, and am using e-mail addresses in toasts when Custom Names are on as a compromise.

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by TazDevil on 06-16-2005 at 01:57 PM

what i beleive is that Patchou should give us something here, an interface or a struct in order to just retrieve some saved options,

i also do not like to mess with registry, any especially other people to mess with my registry, so a command like this to be implemented by patchou would be just perfect

SendMessage(hMSN, MSN_GETCUSTOMNAME, [in] pointer to a string with email address, [out] pointer to a string with custom name)

thats all, idont see any security issue in the above example

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by RaceProUK on 06-16-2005 at 08:42 PM

That would actually be a good idea. You can get the e-mail address from the Messenger API already.

Edit: RE: below - Let us know if and when you implement this Patchou: I'm sure it'd be very welcome.

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by Patchou on 06-17-2005 at 05:56 AM

I can't give you the code but I can certainely provide you with an API function in Plus! to get the info. Would it help you?

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by TazDevil on 06-17-2005 at 08:25 AM

Yea sure, that would be GREAT !!!
just email or PM to us (me and raceprouk) the API, that we have requested it... if you want to keep it under cover :D

or you could post it in the thread, and let all people mess with it !!! :D

anyhow anyway, that would be great
@Patchou -> plz check your email

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by Eljay on 06-17-2005 at 08:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TazDevil
Yea sure, that would be GREAT !!!
just email or PM to us (me and raceprouk) the API, that we have requested it... if you want to keep it under cover :D

or you could post it in the thread, and let all people mess with it !!! :D

anyhow anyway, that would be great
@Patchou -> plz check your email

wtf you on about, new API would require a new version of msgplus to be released :P
RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by Mnjul on 06-17-2005 at 08:31 AM

Well, even though Patchou make such API function, you have to probably wait for the next Plus! release... don't be so hurried :P

Patchou, would you consider this too? :p It's about Personalised Status. http://shoutbox.menthix.net/showthread.php?tid=46...d=481076#pid481076

Edit: dodgy leejeffery posted before me :dodgy:

Edit 2: And to TazDevil below me: Even there has been such hidden function, Patchou would probably provide another one, due to security reasons or something. It will probably accepts a RegisterWindowMessage + SendMessage(HWND_BROADCAST).

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by TazDevil on 06-17-2005 at 08:33 AM

man keep it down, it stlll morning... :)

Maybe it is a hidden API that Patchou also uses for quick reference.
And if he is willing to give then it must be available right ?

argg... Mnjul bit me to it...
Anyhow it will worth the wait (Y)

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by TazDevil on 07-15-2005 at 03:08 PM

would be nice to get the formated and unformated contact names/custom names as well

;)

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by TazDevil on 10-23-2005 at 12:55 PM

So has Patchou announced any news regurding this matter ?

New version is out, thats why i am asking ...

RE: [Phoenix][Custom Names Support] Call for help by L. Coyote on 10-23-2005 at 01:21 PM

There were some suggestions for the API that didn't get through. Just the AddEvent thing was announced, so I doubt anything else is in the API.

I haven't checked, though...